cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S20 Battery Drain

I have pre ordered the SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 and sucessfully recieved it. I have the EXINOS version and using the phone casually with my display at 120hz @1080P with no games just messaging app and I have noticed my battery drainning at a fast rate. It is very noticable even if i disabled battery drainning apps running in the background It doesn't seem that much differece. I have doubts that the S20 has such an issue as all reviewers have a positive remark about the battery life.

Been a samsung customer for a long time owned many devices including TAB 3, J1, J7, S7, A70, A10, S20

Love the brand and their proffesional work.

Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20 Battery Drain

Let your battery reach zero percent then charge it to 100% and the let it get back to zero percent again what this does is calibrate the battery to work at this optimal performance. Not doing this can cause battery issues like what you’re experiencing.

Highlighted
Constellation

Will try it and let you know Thanks!!

Highlighted
Product Expert

@Yadish_Gopaul,

Did you know there are ways in which you can optimize your battery. You can go to settings and either type in or scroll to device care. Once in that option you will see the option to optimize the device. Doing so will close all background running applications. Once that is complete select the battery option. You will then select battery usuage. Here is where you will see exactly what is draining your battery. Also if you keep your location on all the time, that will also drain the battery without you physcially using the devicie. I hope this was of some assistance to you.  

Highlighted
Constellation

okay, I will try. Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Any better after calibrating? I am still experiencing fast battery drain even while using 60fps. I recieved and update and after updating 8min battery drained 6%, thats terrible!