Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G 256GB ghost touch and charging port issue.

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 08:48 AM)
A-T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Anyone else have this issue?? I own the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G 256GB, model # SM-G781U1/DS. I have only had this phone for about 3 months now. Traded my old S9 in for this unlocked model (Samsung website trade-in) back in May. It had been working perfectly, no issues to speak of. In the past week or so I've been having some strange issues. First, just 4 days ago my touch screen wasn't working properly. When I try to swipe or type it doesn't recognize my touches correctly. Tapping on the screen seems to register in random spots. Trying to access apps or even unlock the phone becomes a pain. I have read about other users having this issue with this model. This is apparently a common problem that was supposed to have been patched by an update. Phone is fully updated. Occurs when charging or not charging. Tried with touch sensitivity on and off. Accidental Touch Protection isn't helping. Removing my screen protector seemed to help, but then it happened AGAIN. I have restarted the phone and wiped my cache partition several times, and usually that works but the issue has reoccurred at least 4 times now. Sometimes after wiping the cache partition there is no change. Secondly, my phone wouldn't charge properly while the charger was plugged in, but that seemingly resolved itself. Phone is too new to have the charging port degrade. This issue has occurred multiple times using multiple chargers though. I have on idea what is going on, or why these issues keep occurring. This is very frustrating...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Owenduh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same device and I do not have any of these issues.

I also have not heard of any others having this issue.

I would recommend taking your phone into your provider and asking them for help they might give you a free replacement
0 Likes
A-T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I didn't get this phone from my mobile service provider. But it is a very real, and widespread issue. You should look it up, it could occur on your device. I'd rather not go through the hassle of completely replacing it, but we'll see
Smew
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Send an error report though the Samsung Members app! 

Have you tried resetting your phone into safe mode? 

Could be a hardware issue. 

0 Likes
A-T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Did both already. It probably is a hardware issue honestly
0 Likes