cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Camera issues

Back Camera has problems focusing in dark places.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Camera issues

I will simply be patient and wait till then and buy a moto × pure edition w/ 21 pixels on mine! And blow Sam sung away! And that would be THAT!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah well I use to how that for a phone

Highlighted
Asteroid

I get a black screen with "camera has failed" at the bottom.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I started getting the same message today. It started when I was taking a photo...didn't turn black, but it wouldn't allow me to take any photos or video with a message that the camera failed. I cleared the cache and data, and it worked for a little while. Later tonight, I got the camera failed message with a black screen when opening the camera app and it suggested I restart the phone, and if that doesn't work to remove the camera app and reinstall it. Not the experience I expect from a $1400 phone, especially one that put a lot of emphasis on it's camera...it's the main reason I got this phone 🤦🏻‍♂️

Highlighted
Constellation

mines doing the same thing, it also turns the camera sideways in Instagram camera app, boomerangs barely work, i also can't comment on some Facebook posts as it says they don't exist when they do. I figured getting a pre-ordered phone would have ita issues but this is bad.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah the commerical displayed the camera's abilities and the reality isn't even close. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Is there a fix for this?

Highlighted
Constellation

I also get this or the camera is just black and nothing loads. Or it lags super bad. My S10 Plus also did that before all the updates launched. Pretty bummed I paid so much for this phone but the camera issues persist

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is this occurring on the stock camera app? Do you notice this with all camera modes or just some? Does this also happen when the phone is in safe mode?