cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra dead pixel bug

Samsung although this is a small issue, it needs to be fixed. Whenever I'm on a phone call I notice a small, flashing white pixel close to my inner camera, and it will stay there regardless of the app I'm on, as long as I'm on the call. As soon as the call has ended, it goes back to normal. This will scare people into thinking the actual screen on their phone is defective right out of the box, so I'd highly recommend patching this immediately if you don't want to lose any money.

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra dead pixel bug

I think you're noticing the light from the proximity sensor. Same thing happens on my Ultra.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I find the same thing on my S20 Ultra I thought it was a glitch that needs to be patched ? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue on my S10 a few months ago. I noticed it while watching a YouTube video. After a brief search, I found that it was part of the proximity sensor. Not long afterwards it went away. It may still happen on phone calls, but I haven't noticed it.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue with my S20 ultra.

What to do??

Samsung please help!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same thing happens on my s20 ultra which just came out of the box.  I paid over 1k for this phone so I'm tempted to return it.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi I would definitely return it. Rathet now than later. Have your phone 100% right otherwise its going to annoy you everytime you see it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the exact same problem on my S20+, noticed it a day after I got the phone while on a phone call. So does that mean it isn't a dead pixel? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine does it too and I have the ultra and my husband also has the 20 plus same thing. It's supposed to be that way

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm so glad I found this thread.  Between that stuck/dead pixel and something in the camera assembly sounding loose when you shake the phone I thought for sure I had a dud and was about to return it. 

The stuck/dead pixel also appears when the screen is off and you press it to get the time, date etc for 10 seconds .  After 10 seconds when the info disappears for a split second that pixel will flash bright against the solid black screen making it extremely visible .  It doesn't happen that way every time though like it does while using the phone.

I used the Colors screensaver and when the pixel wasn't stuck/dead there knew it had to be something else.

The proximity sensor makes sense since while on a call you can put your finger over the pixel and the screen turns off like you put the phone up to your ear .   I guess that's the price we pay for having the sensor behind the screen instead of a second cutout.  I do hope they can fix it with a future patch though .

I'm just happy to know my new phone isn't broken .