cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Health interfering with NFC for Freestyle Libre

How in the world can I deactivate the utterly useless NFC monitoring in Samsung Health???

I have no use for it and - even worse - it makes it almost impossible to use other NFC solutions like the Freestyle Libre app to monitor my blood glucose levels. Prett pathetic that the only solution is to completely remove Samsung Health - even though with the very limited value of Samsung Health, it probably is not that big of a deal to live without it.

I have seen this problem being complained about in several areas - WHY THE HECK DOES SAMSUNG NOT TAKE ANY ACTION AND FIX IT??? A "health" app that interferes with real health management devices is kind of contra-productive.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Health interfering with NFC for Freestyle Libre

Also need a solution to this as I use S-Health frequently 

Highlighted
Constellation

NFC and Samsung Health or LibreLink

Samsung Health App seems to be watching the NFC.  I have used Samsung Health App since I got the Galaxy watch. I have installed the FreeStyle LibreLink to measure my Blood Glucose levels.

1. What does Samsung Health read with NFC?

2. Can Samsung Health be told not to use NFC?

3. Samsung Health has a Blood Glucose report, will it connect with the FreeStyle data? 

Right now I cannot just scan my Libre sensor with NFC because LibreLink complains that another App that uses NFC was detected (the Samsung Health App).

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NFC and Samsung Health or LibreLink

I am having the same problem with Samsung Health & Libre link. Were you able to figure anything out?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at  855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Can anyone feedback to us what solution was found regarding Samsung Health to not use NFC, in order to directly use the Libre Link/xDrip etc. This is important.

Many thanks! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

It works with my daughters Samsung Galaxy 8 but not my Galaxy 7 for what it's worth. I called Samsung and they said you can go into Settings and disable the Health app but the know nothing about Libre app as it's not theirs.  So I called Abbott Libre team and they say "we're working on it". I passed on the info from this board so we'll have to wait for them to "work on it".  I see from the app reviews on Google's Play store web page there are many people reporting the same issue for over a year now. I guess they are not working too fast on it but why should they?  They make more money if you buy their meter instead of using the free app.  Money talks.

Highlighted
Constellation

Best solution I use is to set up the libre app so that it opens on the Bixby button being double pressed.  So I pick up my phone swipe to unlock, double tap Bixby button so it opens the libre app and then scan.

It's fairly seamless but works for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

I know this is an older post, but I am having the same issue now. Thank you for your answer, that seems to be working for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Update: 

My new Note 10 seemed to not have the problem and I thought all was going to be better.  Then I installed the Samsung Health to my new Note 10 and it came back.  I have made the decision that I would rather have the faster access to the sensor so I have uninstalled the Samsung Health app.