Original topic:

Samsung Internet unable to fill in Google Forms

(Topic created on: 4/14/21 10:20 AM)
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

I have to scan a QR code every day and fill out a small but short Google form before I go into work and I used to be able to fill it out on my phone using Samsung internet app as normal but now it does not work I try to tap a radio button or for I need to fill out my name and it doesn't bring up the keyboard doesn't select the radio button nothing. But if I open the same link on the Google Chrome browser on my phone I can fill out the form no problem it used to work two days ago but now it doesn't. Can't find it I can't find any solution I have tried clearing the cache, but no luck. My only work around is to save the link as a Google Chrome shortcut and open it that way and then use Samsung internet for everything else as I have all my logins and password saved on Samsung internet and it's too difficult to transfer to Google Chrome

6 Replies
gela522
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This happened to me starting yesterday. No solution yet, but wanted to say you're not alone
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Just hope a fix is on the way quick
ScottSh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

We have exactly the same problem, Our business requires people to use google forms at the start of their shift (QR Covid declaration). We are seeing people using the Samsung internet app not being able to use forms at all. You're able to view the form but are unable to fill it out. We've replicated the issue and there are no settings within the app we can see to fix it (hours of trying).
Chrome works fine, this is our work around for now. Disappointed and shocked at such an oversight by Samsung. 

Hoping for a fix, otherwise the directive will be everyone to use Chrome.....

userauOGJ6Jk2i
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

We have the same issue for our business. We also require our staff to make COVID declarations as part of their remote work (in the disability sector) prior to starting their support shift. We use a QR code that populates a Google Form. Simple, easy and reliable. That was until 24 hours ago when the whole thing broke for staff using Samsung Internet Browser app. The form scans and loads - but NO data can be entered. 

We have advised all staff to use Chrome as the work around.

Simply not good enough Samsung. Please fix what you broke

Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah this is what we use it for too. So frustrating
0 Likes
slander
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi I've tried posting this a few times:

Same result on my phne.

Browser is com.sec.android.app.sbrowser (83.0.4103.106)

0 Likes