Original topic:

Samsung Notes Missing Sync Options

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 08:31 PM)
Options
Galaxy S20

I had to factory reset my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE today. After re-installing Samsung Notes, I went into Settings and the Sync with Samsung Cloud and Sync to Microsoft One Drive options are not there.

If I open Samsung Cloud and look at Synced apps, Notes isn't even listed. This all worked fine before the reset. I also have a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, and Notes is Synced with Samsung Cloud with no issues. Both devices have the same version of Notes (4.3.03.5).

The S20 FE has Samsung Cloud version 4.9.00.6, which it says is the latest. When I went to check the version on the S6 Lite, I saw a 4.9 version, but then I was promoted to update it. Now, the tablet shows Cloud version 5.0.00.8, which it says is the latest.

Weird, to say the least... Does anyone have any idea how I can get Notes on my phone synced back up?

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how important it can be to back up the notes on your device. If your Samsung Notes app is full of important folders, notes, and tasks, you can make sure they'll never get lost by using Microsoft OneNote. This service allows you to sync your notes across all of your devices so you can view them from Microsoft Office on a PC. You’ll just need to make sure you’re signed in to your Microsoft account on your phone or tablet. You can sync the Reminder app with Microsoft To Do as well, if you’d like to view both your notes and reminders using Office. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088543/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Even if I wanted to sync with OneNote instead, I can't because that option isn't there:

Notes app on phone ( no sync)Notes app on phone ( no sync)

I see that option from my tablet, but Samsung Cloud is there too, and working:

Nates app on tablet (works)Nates app on tablet (works)

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can see how that can be frustrating. Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software? That option should also appear on your phone. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Settings > Software Update > Check for updates

Says "Current software is up to date"

0 Likes
useraH27mMrDaa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately i have the same problem, but on my Tab S6 Lite, which is the one that works for you. It says it has the newest version (4.3.05.3) and before the holidays everything worked out for me. Now it isn't listed in Samsung Notes Settings and doesn't appear in Samsung Cloud Settings.

Screenshot_20220109-211837_Samsung Notes.jpg

0 Likes
userGtsrd3ML4o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I can confirm the same problem for Samsung Notes on my Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi). The two options "Sync with Samsung Cloud" and "Sync to Microsoft OneNote" are missing while on my A41 phone they are available. 

During the Samsung Notes setup procedure on the Tab S6 Lite a recommendation to activate the synchronization with Samsung Cloud was shown and the dialogue forwarded me to the Samsung Notes settings but there were no entries available.

In the app settings of Samsung Cloud there is also no Sync entry for "Samsung Notes" to activate.  On the A41 there is one.  The other Sync entries "Gallery", "Bluetooth", "Calendar", "Contacts", "Reminder", "Samsung Internet" are available on both devices.

I checked that all SW is updated to the latest versions (Samsung Cloud 5.0.05.7, Samsung Notes 4.3.05.3) and that synchronization is activated for the Samsung and the Microsoft accounts on all devices.

I also cleared the Samsung Cloud data as described in https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001221/ but with no success.

How can I figure out, what the problem is? Samsung Notes should indicate details in the settings menu on possible problems instead of hiding entries completely.  The user documentation at https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080765/ does not mention any conditions under which the synchronization is not possible.

userulfSwf3hKc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem as described above. On Tab S6 Lite I have the option to sync with Samsung cloud an OneNote and on my Galaxy M12 phone I have none of these options. I hope it will be fixed soon.

0 Likes