cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung PLEASE open your camera API to 3rd party apps.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As title states, Samsung needs to open their API to 3rd parties. They would extend the range of their phones and development would improve. Ridiculous that I can't shoot in 4K60 with FilmicPro. Also, on that note, improve the bitrate (increase it) of video recording. Stop holding phones back. The S20 could be so much better!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung PLEASE open your camera API to 3rd party apps.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Strongly Agree

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Opening full lenses access would be a quantum leap in holding the leadership position in android camera technology for Samsung!

Giving more for access would definitely enhance all application from galaxy store including scanning, modifying app.

Hope to see it released on the next coming update!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJoJo I am so dissapointed by the fact that my camera "would" be insanely good but due to the fact that Samsung is not opening the camera API to 3rd party apps it looks trash if I send videos to my friends via snapchat/instragram.

I don't know why this answer is listed as "solution", it is clearly no solution. Not even a glimpse when we could expect this update. To be honest it seems like Samsung is just ignoring the fact and don't want to change anything.

I loved Samsung more or less but to see this thread and know, that no changes are planned from Samsung site makes me think about getting a different phone.

I don't like Iphones but if that's the only way I can share videos in the same quality as my camera app would record it, I have to switch.

Is this really the reason why I have to sell my Samsung and switch to Apple?

Can't believe this... PLEASE REPLY

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also strongly agree. Would love to at least get a statement from someone on the camera team about it. πŸ˜•. They said they were going to do it a  couple years ago in their product presentation (I believe for the note 9). Nothing ever came of it that I know of.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've always been a big fan of samsung and have enjoyed using a phone that is in the forefront of technology. However, this is the first time I've been disappointed with my phone. I've always chosen to purchase a phone on android OS because I enjoy having control over what goes in my phone and how my phone works. The lack of support for third party apps for the camera baffles me. why would samsung choose to be behind other leading phone manufactures instead of leading the way.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungJoJo it will be great for you to give the opportunity for 3rd party apps for the camera and other features. even in. a marketing and profit poijnt of view, you guys will come out winning because you guys are not apple, no offense. i love galaxy because of that reason, freedom of creativity. but please allow 3rd party apps to do so. thank you
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungJoJo as a new samsung user looking to create content and blog about creating content with Samsung, this is a let down. I'd love to be able to use the note20 ultra's telephoto lens via the Camera2 API. IPhone has full support for 3rd party camera apps that content creators might want to use.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly this is the primary reason I'm hesitating with a Samsung phone purchase. Please fix.