I updated my S20 5G on Tuesday, April 25 2023 and at first the phone was working as usual with no issues. I turn my phone on today April 27, 2023 and there are multiple issues.
1. I can no longer use the feature where you use your finger to bring down the screen.
2. When it come to Google chrome browser, I can't use the search bar, the home button or the customize and control buttons. The only way to get out of the screen is to hit the "back" button at the bottom of my S20 because the one at the top doesn't work.
3. When I attempt to tap on any of my apps some work and others don't and the ones that do open I'm not able to use the search button.
4. Various apps opening up without me clicking on them and the "close all" button isn't working.
5. Issues shutting down the phone and when I do the same screens that wouldn't close are STILL open and popping around the screen.
6. The screen goes dark without me adjusting the display.
My phone which was working great before the update is virtually unusable and now in order to use to the I'll have to end up doing a phone reset!
Needless to say I am VERY upset about this. I feel like this update wasn't tested thoroughly before it was rolled out and now myself and other S20-5G users etc, are paying the price.
- Update Issues
The OP will have to reflash an older firmware, and that's not a simple task. Not unless you've done it before.
Also, "factory reset" does not do what you think. It puts the phone and OS in "out of box" condition, but only with the current OS already installed. Which, in this case is still the latest update. There is no other copy for the phone to go back to.
Now, maybe a factory reset will clear out the problems but only if the OP decides to re-setup the phone from scratch. It could solve the issues.
Alternatively, simply going into the recovery menu and wiping the cache partition could fix things too. I do that after every update whether I had issues or not. It's just good maintenance.
Have you tried the repair apps in recovery mode? Shut the phone off, press and hold the volume up button, and hold the power button until the splash screen appears.
Once restarted scroll down to the repair apps by using the volume down button and select that by pressing the power button. The phone should restart, repairing apps.
I would repeat that process but as previously suggested select the wipe cache option. Be careful to select the wipe cache partition, as the **bleep** print is ridiculously small