JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 FE EXYNOS ISSUE

(Topic created: 03-07-2021 02:18 AM)
userN9UOXFJLVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Right Samsung, I've recently bought the 4G variant of the Samsung S20 FE and i have had it for 2 days now and i am quite disappointed. It seems you have lost your touch in the mobile market as for the 2 days I have been using it the battery wasn't good at all. I Tested both 120Hz and 60Hz battery usage while running Tiktok and YouTube (not really the most demanding but you get the point). Not only did I face a battery drain problem but a heating issue as well. No matter what refresh rate i used both applications on i still had heating issues where the CPU went to 38-40 degrees Celsius and the battery at 36 degrees Celsius. Anyway I tested both refresh rate options using tiktok and YouTube where Tiktok used 1% every 4 minutes and 20 seconds on 120Hz and used 1% every 5 minutes and 24 seconds on the 60Hz which isn't much of a difference as it would mean the 120Hz can play almost 7 hours of Tiktok constantly and 9 hours constantly on 60Hz which both are insanely low especially for the 120Hz as this device doesn't seem to be capable of it. Now obviously this is a cheaper variant of the s20 line-up but for a phone with 4500mAH battery, this seemed out of place. Especially where my old Samsung s8+ could run everything smoothly at 60Hz of course but it didn't drain as much as the 60Hz option on this phone which is unusual as this phone has a higher Battery capacity of than the s8+. It also occurred that while using the 120Hz option, the battery drained more on the home screen than while using Tiktok which is like whaaat?

At this point I don't think the hardware is the problem but the software and it needs a fix. However, most people think it is a hardware issue which would only be resolved having a recall and either adding an adaptive refresh rate display or adding 'a' snapdragon chipset and fixing certain software issues with this. Then it would become a great phone. Most would say that for a 4500mAH battery you should get at least 10 hours of 'SOT' even on 120Hz (when running low end applications like Tiktok and google etc) but while i was using this phone i felt like the battery was killing itself even when off.

*This forum is not to rant about Samsung but for Samsung to acknowledge the issues that us 'Fans' are facing with the "FAN EDITION"

:Sorry Samsung 🙂     

Anyone having this issue please add anything I've missed 🙂

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Your expectations are not reasonable for such demanding video's Me thinks !
0 Likes
userN9UOXFJLVY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am guessing it is a software issue then, because if Samsung were to provide the fe with the same specs it won't help much. Let's hope Samsung fixes it.

0 Likes
userTulKKkPUaY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also having same issue and fed up visiting customer support center

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.