Original topic:

Samsung S20 FE Won't Delete Cache

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 11:23 PM)
Talos77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I've been having this problem for a while, my Samsung s20 fe apparently has no access to the phones data. For example, whenever I try using the app "Files" it won't show me all the files, i had to download other "Files" app to look at my files. The cache is also a problem, even when I go to setting/apps and I try erasing the cache on most apps, it wont do a thing, it looks like it erased the cache but when i go back it keeps saying it still has the same cache i thought I had deleted. Is there anything I can do about this?
2 Replies
Lrock
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
It wont show you all the files because of security policies, even the 3rd party app you downloaded wont show them all, or access most, because of the same selinux security policies.
Some apps will immediately claim, instantiate and populate a predetermined (by the app) a certain amount of cache space for use. This is unavoidable, if you dont like that about the app, remove it and let the devs know thats why. If it's a system app, (nicely) ask the developers why this is a policy they implement and if it's necessary, it probably wont change it, but it may clear up some misconceptions.
Talos77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I see, thanks! Still, there one thing I still don't get. It's that the app "files" (the one that comes with the system) has no access to any of the "android" files (data, media, obb, obj), but all the other apps (all other files app) from playstore have no problem showing them.

My files app should have access to all the data, the same one as the other files apps, yet, it shows almost nothing.
0 Likes