cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung S20+ Not Smooth A Bit Lag

Hi, 

S20+ user here. Been using for 10 days. 2 days ago noticed that the Home and apps scrolling a lil bit jumping. Not quite smooth.

All apps were installed on the first day got the phone until days ago performance was very good. Please note that I keep the refresh rate default at 60Hz. 

Apart from that, not much was different, few gallery files, videos and pictures were added. Tried deleted them still the same. Did the Device Care and performance improved a bit however back to the same. 

Is this a glitch or supposed to be like this I'm supposed it is not. 

Thank you in advance guys. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung S20+ Not Smooth A Bit Lag

*UPDATE* After restarting the phone, performance is back to normal. Will update if it lags again.

**UPDATE** Still dealing with the issue after few days rebooting the phone. And repeating the same thing. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had the same issue it's really triggering when the phone is moving at basically 10hz when I have 120hz on

Highlighted
Asteroid

Til today it happened few times already and the way to get smooth performance is to reboot the phone. Quite disappointed if I need to deal with this forever(?) is this a glitch? Do I need to replace the phone?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I agree. Especially after restarting the phone

Product Expert

Hello, i would suggest restarting your phone and seeing if that helps with the issue. If the issue is ongoing I would suggest to backup all your info and doing a hard reset. If you have tried that and the problems are still accuring then I would suggest asking @Samsungmoderator for help, the will give you the best solution if you continue having that proble. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the exact same problem.  This phone was amazing until about 2 weeks ago.  Now new apps have been installed, and it is unacceptably slow using cellular data or wifi.  This phone was too expensive to have issues already.  I hated my Galaxy s8, and was so excited to finally get MYSELF a new phone with the s20. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am facing the same issue. The issue is while scrolling, watching videos and even while just listening to audio @Samsungmoderator

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, even after 2 times updates still facing the issue tho it took longer time to get there and not too obvious. Still the issue is there. So maybe this got to do with software issue? 

Latest update details is :

Build Number : G985FXXU1ATD3
Android version : Q(Android 10)
Release Date : 2020-04-23
Security patch level : 2020-04-01

As suggested by @M_Mendez, I don't want to factory reset because it took quite a lot setting up everything. If problem persist, guess I should. However, I could still tolerate this. 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes I have the same issues. It was fine at first with all the apps loaded on, but it has recently started to lag really bad. You press a button and sometimes its 2 to 3 seconds to respond. You can feel it trying to catch up. 

I agree this phone was far too expensive to have these issue. It's packed with RAM and the fastest processor going so I'm really disappointed with it.