cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung S20+ Not Smooth A Bit Lag

I am in U.K. on Vodafone network with a good signal. I have the same lag problem when scrolling web pages. I have been using my S20 plus 5G phone now for 10 days, gone through 2 firmware updates and the problem with the lag still remain. I found that the lag remains on both 60Hz and 120Hz setting. This phone is fitted with 12GB of Ram and Samsung exynos latest CPU. So why this hesitation in scrolling web pages? It is not bad but it is very noticeable. My 2 year old previous phone, a Huawei P20 pro runs smoother without any lag. Personally I think the problem lies with the Exynos CPU which is a standard fit to UK supplied phones. I also note that this CPU has a bigger drain on the battery fitted as it only lasts around 6 hours from fully charged. The other problem I have is the camera autofocus is a hit and miss on this phone, again the Huawei was miles better with autofocus. Other than these issues the phone itself is very desireable and a good looker. It has better refined software that I like very much, and a very desireable display screen. I just hope Samsung are able to fix the annoying lag and the short battery life with a future update. I would like to hear what Samsung Tech Support have to say about addressing these issues.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have had so many issues with the S20plus. I've had it only a week, thought I'd treat myself after my beloved S8 was stolen. What a mistake on my part... where do i start? The double touch to wake requires persistent tapping - even though I have sensitised the screen as if it has a screen protector (it doesn't), the call audio is so low, that it has to be on max volume to hear the person speaking. The lag is unreal, so slow, that the 'mirror' image of the previous screen appears when the screen 'turns over'.

Audio does not continue automatically after a notification is alerted.... it's a nightmare. i hate the thing...

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello everyone!
Just like everyone here I was frustrated with a high-end device behaving like a rotten apple and I would like to share with you my solution.

Repair apps
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Repair apps.