JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra Android 11 update volume slider feature

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 11:35 PM)
Goldeyez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The update is awesome,  but one thing that's a little annoying is, the volume slider is on the right side of the screen instead of the top. You can't adjust it or move it, or nothing. Wouldn't be Really a problem,  but being a gamer the volume slider gets in the way of the buttons. It would be nice if we can adjust or move it where we are comfortable with our custom type phone. I talked to support and they said it is stuck there until further notice. 

17 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

The on-screen control cannot be repositioned or resized. Increasing/reducing the volume works but they were requests in beta for Samsung to allow users to move or reshape it which didn't make it to current UI 3.0

0 Likes
Goldeyez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

did they mention they would change that in an up coming update?

0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Only thing they said was that it will be reviewed and if it matches what Samsung has planned, it will be incorporated into the "stable" update which of course didn't happen. I just hope they listen to their customers. Lots of people have issues with this and other UI changes.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't like it on the side either. But I would really like to be able to change the color from grey to something else more visible. And bring the volume numbers back.

0 Likes
ScotHarkins
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
You are much too old to be using a smart phone! High contrast for aging eyes?!?! Pah!
0 Likes
RaisedByWolves
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I personally hate the gray bar, the vertical slider bar and that the only way to change the location(and color) from left to right only vs the top of screen is to add yet another app from someone else. I just wish they would stop changing things that worked just fine. 

I'm on an S10 plus and my wife uses a Note 10 and hates it as much as I do. 

I also have noticed a "preaching to the choir" feeling about adding this as a response to your comments. 

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
You know what works great for changing the volume? VLC. I love the way they handle changing the volume in that app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes