Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra Mic Issue

(Topic created: 03-28-2020 12:52 PM)
Mohammed_Sajjad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

I got my new S20 Ultra yesterday. I can hear the Voice properly but when on the other side they can't hear my voice. It is very low. The interesting part is when i put my phone away from my ears they can hear  properly. Do i need to do some settings?

Thanks in Advance!

userSyuZwdPRDB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Problem fixed here... but was not a problem exactly. I had the Samsung S9 Plus and the microfone is onthe right side of the cellphone. Now the S20 is on the Left side, where my finger is. So the ''noise'' and ''bad quality'' is because i put my finger on the microfone and sometimes i move my finger and make noise. Now i need to put my finger in another place to hang the cellphone. Come on Samsung.. this is not ergonomic. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working.

Give this link a try for troubleshooting steps for microphone symptoms: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

Let me know if you still continue to experience these symptoms after trying the troubleshooting steps provided.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSyuZwdPRDB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here.. can't fix it! I already sent the phone to the samsung assitence, but the issue still happening. What i should do????? 

totaly disappointed. 

0 Likes
userhyPvObMS1O
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello I'm Having the same issue. No added screen protector. The person on the other end of the call  hear me  sometimes and for some minutes would not hear any thing i am saying. Like a voice block and unblock. This is tiring!!! Bought my phone newly few days ago.

Sometimes picture in picture between whatapp and browser stops working too, given some time before it starts working again. Samsung should do better. I was using note 8 before this s20 +. The former was problem free for me 😢

usersxYEo4hmXT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue
userFBTXO1F7vK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi. Having the same issue. No added screen protector here. Just works one minute and then not the next.

userWJU56EbZFF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

yes having the same issue..and the samsung stories are closed in Melbourne city then I went to a private mobilephone repairs shop to fix it but they couldn't so they told me that you have to go for samsung store because it's a manufacturer fault and this problem is with the motherboard of all S20 ultra :"( .. I don't know where I should go at the moment while I'm running my business on the mobilephone so I loss many costumers of this mic issue 

0 Likes
userWJU56EbZFF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

When I use a video recorder the mic is working Very well but when I use the voice recorder the voice is very low as well as on the whatsapp ,Facebook or even when I send the normal voice text message for another person the voiceis very low  .. i tried to test the mic by using *#0283# code the mic is working very well .. so I think it's a software problem... please Samsung guys fix it asap please 

uservF66MF8Kxc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I do it many times through code *#0283# , and sound become good , but after minutes the problem return again !!!!!

How i can fixed it permanently????

0 Likes
mikey123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Exact same thing here.  Video it works fine.  The mic is terrible everywhere else.

0 Likes