Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra Wifi Chip No Longer Working

(Topic created: 12-01-2022 05:40 PM)
gkhosa000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi everyone, as the title suggests, my S20 Ultra Wi-Fi will no longer toggle on. I have hard reset the phone, tried different carriers, different routers and wifi points, however it is not about signal, sometimes it will turn on but it automatically toggles off within about 3-4 seconds and then simply wont toggle on at all.

I believe my wifi chip is now fried or faulty, basically it does not work. I called a few technicians and they said they dont have that part and it is also out of stock. Is there any way I can fix this? Im using my wifes old iPhone and I for the life of my cannot stand iPhone's, I am just much more productive with my Galaxy.

Any and all help or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
When you say hard reset, it's that a factory reset?
0 Likes
gkhosa000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes I did a factory reset and it did not work. Wifi will not toggle on. When I hit the toggle button, it attempts to switch, greys out, and stays off.

0 Likes
Wildfart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It won't link to hearing aid or pair up. Said no app available.
0 Likes
userigio17Z3Ri
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Did your phone recently update? Mine did today, and since then, I have the same problem. I believe it is the update. Way too coincidental for it to be hardware. In fact, the new update directly modified wifi settings...it added a new option...samsung hep has been absolutely no help at all up till now
0 Likes
mrscoop2013
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm in the same situation and the only thing samsung tells me is to send in for repair at my own cost or get a new phone. I have the fold 3 and is only 13 months old
0 Likes