Original topic:

Samsung S20 Ultra failures

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 01:53 PM)
danlupi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung S20 Ultra failures

Greetings. I bought an S20 ultra phone released at Bestbuy at the beginning of July 2020, in El Paso, TX, the city where I live and installed my Tmobile line.

At first the phone connected to the 5G network, with amazing browsing speeds. For 6 months the Tmobile network presented failures and they recommended that I connect by LTE, since the equipment was "looking for the 5G network" and did not connect to LTE. Since that time I have been working with LTE.

This week, for moving matters, I traveled to Orlando, FL, and because I was in a big city, I switched to 5G, and shortly after connecting the phone informed me that it was not connected to the network. I went to a Tmobile center, located in the Milenium Mall and they changed my SIM card (which they charged me as a Tmobile customer) and the phone began to connect to 5G, but within minutes it disconnected.

When I was in the Florida Mall, my phone was not connected by any network, and I went to a TMobile store, where I was 1 hour, being attended with great professionalism, and they checked all the parameters of my account and the phone, even resetting the network on the phone, and the phone was without internet connection. At the suggestion of the staff I went to BestBUy located on the same avenue but they did not have Technical service and they told me to go to the Bestbuy located at 4601 Colonial Dr. Due to the time I postponed it for the next day.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I made a call to Samsung support, in which they told me to reset all the settings. Indeed, once reset, the phone connected via LTE, but when testing 5G again it did not connect, and when it returned to LTE it did not give connection. I reset all the settings and the phone reconnected via LTE.

Checking in the Samsung Members, they indicate an authorized Samsung center called Ubreakifx, which I went to first thing in the morning, and according to the technician the fault is given by the team due to problems with the antenna, which I wanted to change, but I refused due to that my phone is under warranty.

I went to Bestbuy in Colonial, where they treated me very well, they did a software test and they didn't find any flaws, although I still can't navigate on 5g. They indicate that the fault is from Tmobile.

In short, I lost a day of work, Bestbuy says that the fault is from Tmobile, Tmobile says that it is from Samsung and I cannot enjoy the benefits of my phone.

I require from you some solution. In the city I live in, El Paso TX, there is no Samsung service, and at the end of this month I am moving to Orlando FL

6 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
It certainly is T-Mobile. Samsung has no carrier like T-Mobile you have to bring your own carrier. For 6 months T-Mobile network presented failures. There's your answer right there. LTE is a carrier issue. Samsung isn't into network speeds. The mall I can see why you had problems. Malls have thick concrete walls on the exterior and there's no way your 2.4 or 3G signal was going through that. Sorry to inform you that your 5G phone is no longer a 5G phone and that's the carriers fault. T-Mobile is full of it. Nobody from Samsung can help you. It's T-Mobile. I have LTE and it does nothing. for me. I'm still at 2.4 although I can choose 5G but it doesn't work. Forgive me if I sound upset but carriers treat you like you're stupid and will pass you off. If it's under warranty, get rid of it. Then your new one will tell you who's at fault. If you get the same results,. Send it back. Get something else. You say 5G worked innialy. What happened?
danlupi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Ok, but I don't understand why when I configure in 5G, don't try to connect in LTE. And I need to reset all settings to return at data I LTE. I understand that Tmobile it's part of the problem but the phone don't connect automatically
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
I get "Not Connected To Network" errors all the time with tmobile. It's a garbage network. I can be inside or outside under a clear sky and get "not connected". That said, the s20 also must have a weak antennae because a family member also on tmobile but with a cheap $30 flip phone has no connection problems ever, anywhere. It's very frustrating when her $30 phone gets stronger signals than my $1400 phone. I've lost count how many times I had to use her phone because mine didn't have a signal. My last Samsung phone was the same way.

What are your settings at under Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - Network Mode.
danlupi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
If I use the 5g, and don't have service, the phone would connect to LTE automatically. I think I don't need to reset the settings
danlupi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am using LTE
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I have decided not to connect to Samsung messages. Too many complaints regarding Samsung and T-Mobile especially. I had a choice of Samsung or Google messages. When I briefly turned on Samsung a got a message that said " active but disabled" I Immediately stopped and went back to my Google account messages. My sister had just text me a picture of her new dog. Had I switched to Samsung messages I would not have received the message. I don't have 5g but I have a working phone. T-Mobile is getting a bad rap because they always blame Samsung in this case or One Note LG, and others. I'm ok with Sprint despite getting 2.4 I have a pretty good router network ( Netgear) read the messages.. new upgrades are messing up phones. Had I got away from Google I would be in the same boat as the others black screen after 2 days, non functioning sounds, or one ear bud being weak. Many many people also don't know how to navigate their phones as well.
The main problems are some carriers not all. I have Boost Mobile with Sprint as a carrier and other than the weak signal in a concrete walled building, I'm fine. Boost and Sprint respond to any concerns but I don't have concerns because I decided not to switch my Google account messages to Samsung messages. Bottom line.