cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issue

Recenty I cant connect to 5g. Thought it was my carrier, however after tesing with diffrent phones that also have 5g capability it turns out it has to be the samsung s20ultra. I switch to LTE and works fine.  I need my 5g up and running. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issue

Hey there @SITHLORDX3 ,

Can you confirm your carrier, and zip code? I want to verify if your area has sufficient 5G coverage.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tmobile , 91706.   I had zero problems at first with signal. I was surprise to see how much 5g coverage I was getting.  Then all of sudden I get zero. I have seen other threads and eveyone seems to be having the same problem with diffrent carriers.  PLEASE HELP. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

It looks like there could be a small deadzone indicated by the black blip 

by T-Mobiles 5G coverage map for your zipcode. If your 4G LTE works, this deadzone could be the reason for your lack of 5G coverage.

Screenshot (352).png

Highlighted
Product Expert

I would try resetting your network settings first to see if that helps followed up with a new sim card from your carrier. The phones already have a 5g built in modem for the s20 devices. The data connection from the sim card  (based on carrier as well) is what will determine you service at that point. Especially if it works over LTE and not 5G. I apolgize that this is happening to you. Stay strong.  

Highlighted
Product Expert

Sithlordx3,

Everyone is correct in the resolutions they provided. After following through with their troubleshooting step, make sure to test your device without blocking the device antenna with your hand or cases. This will stop your device from receiving the limited  5G in your area. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Its  not just 91706 it  also 90033.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same exact issue. When my phone is on 5g nothing at all, switch to lte only and everything is fine. I'm in NYC where I have 5g since the day I got the phone which was release and never had an issue with it however I believe after the last update it's affecting a few devices. I'm using a s20 plus

Asteroid

I have Tmobile and just got off the phone with them and eveything is working fine on their end.  I have been reading diffrent postings and all fingers are pointing to SAMSUNG.  They pushed out a new product AGAIN to meet a deadline at our expense that wasnt ready.

Highlighted
Constellation

Any fix??? Was hoping that the update I received this morning would fix it but it's still a problem