cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues on there new phone, mine will all of sudden not allow me to make calls out and data connection issues. I have to restart my phone to be able to use the mobile network and make and receive calls. I not sure if its a Verizon thing or a Samsung issue.

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted

Re: Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

Try updating your profile and prl under system updates in settings.

Highlighted
Asteroid

How do I do that?

Highlighted

Open settings and then search for update 'prl'. You should see a listing for that Tap on that and it shoild bring you to the setting. tap on 'update prl, and then it should give you a message saying that it is updating. It will take dome tome ao wait untill it is done. Do the same for 'profile.'

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was not able to find this option. I was on call with Samsung and ATT support , still tge same issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved. Have you tried another SIM card in your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Based on the symptoms you are experiencing, this appears to be an issue with your carrier, I would recommend reaching out to them for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have tried it on my iPhone works perfectly fine I am able to access mobile data and everything works fine . I am not able to do so with galaxy s20 5g ultra . Also I noticed this happened only after the software update on Monday(3/9)

Highlighted
Asteroid

This does not works , tried it multiple times , the problem still exist .. replace with a new sim card and still same issue and using the same exact sim card i tried it on my S8+ no issue at all . its samsung issue .

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes we have tried reset network, yes we have tried new sim, yes we have tried factory reset, yes we have tried firmware updates.

No they have not resolved these issues. They are occuring all over the place. It's not carrier specific!!!

LOOK!!!!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/S20-Ultra-not-receiving-calls/td-p/1190155

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Phone-Call-and-Text-Message-Issues-with-T-Mobile-S20-...

Are you seriously saying ALL these people across the globe with multiple different carriers are having carrier issues. Samsung need to sort this problem out. A flagship phone that doesn't work reliably as a phone is unacceptable. 

Why will Samsung not acknowledge there is a problem here. There clearly is.

Maybe we should all just take it to the media and create a PR disaster for samsung since they don't seem to give a toss about their customers.

This will be the last Samsung handset I ever buy. I'm done with Samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

could be your SIM card, have you contacted your carrier?