JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

(Topic created: 03-15-2020 04:56 PM)
JJAY32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues on there new phone, mine will all of sudden not allow me to make calls out and data connection issues. I have to restart my phone to be able to use the mobile network and make and receive calls. I not sure if its a Verizon thing or a Samsung issue.

126 Replies
user6cxEYnMCnW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

hard reset

0 Likes
userGxl4TCUOBF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This is definitely a samsung issue. Ive tried different sim cards with seperate coverage here in australia. I've been getting terrible connection. Walking 200m down the street can dramatically change my connection. Feels like its constantly hunting for service. It jumps from 4g to 3g sometimes. and when i enter a building, this is the worst, it completely loses connection and says emergency calls only or even no service. Samsung has given me an appointment today to present the phone and they'll check it its faulty. Im gonna be properly angry if they return the phone saying there's nothing wrong with it

And then there's the camera. bloody trash for the money you pay honestly. auto focus is trash. no dual aperture? cmon samsung, having such a big sensor and not having a lower aperture and just shooting yourself in the leg. 

Options
Galaxy S20

Try updating your profile and prl under system updates in settings.

userGxl4TCUOBF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i dont know if this settings is region/carrier specific. But i do not have this option in australia on my unlocked s20u

usertifL3OYSCJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Try this i went to my carrier and they changed my sim card and said its becoming an issue, even with the new sim. It kept having the issue. But i went to the setting clickrd on mobile network changed it to only lte which is 4g i guess and disabled 5g and it seems to be working better for noe atleast. Try it and lmk how it goes

Samsung_NhCkytQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Help with phone

0 Likes
userqKhQzyd0rw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm experiencing this same issue. I have a T-Mobile varient of the S20 Ultra 5G. A lot of my incoming calls go straight to voice mail and when I try to make calls, it's unable to connect. This happens to me on WiFi and 4G/5G connects. Only work around to this is restarting the phone which is rather annoying.

usersXMLNBvvkW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am on T-mobile and have the same issue as well. Even when I make a wifi calls, it will drop the call which is annoying especially when talking to a client on the phone and I have to restart the phone. And if I turn off the wifi connection and try to make a call it says I have no connection.  Didn't have this problem with my IPhone XS max nor my Oneplus 7 Pro. Really starting to regret this purchase 

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userqKhQzyd0rw 

Tmobile's 5G is not as "nationwide" as they claim. I supposedly live in a full 5G area, and even have full bars but still had problems with calls/texts/apps accessing data. I switched my network setting to LTE/3G/2G auto connect and it completely fixed the issues. When I contacted tmobile about this, they stated that although I do have 5G in my area, only 2 out of the 5 towers in my area were ACTUALLY 5G towers, so 5G signal would not be as reliable as 4G/LTE right now until the other 3 towers are upgraded to 5G. So, even though in some areas the 5G is working great, when you leave those areas, the phone keeps searching for 5G signal and won't connect to 4G which causes the data to not work. Really is unfortunate to have this technology to not be able to fully use it yet, but have to wait until cell carriers upgrade their towers.

Now people keep saying "well my iphone doesn't have this problem, XXX phone doesn't have this problem...." those phones do not have 5G capabilities, they are using LTE/4G which every cell carrier has up and running at full speed. We also can use the LTE/4G only option, just have to change in settings....

settings-connections-mobile networks-network mode-LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)

hope this helps, and reach out to tmobile every once and a while to see if the towers in your area were upgraded yet, then you can switch the 5G setting back on.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
useruvG6WdXrwU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry but I am NOT buying that excuse.  Purchased new s20 with t-mobile. Had connection issues anytime NOT on Wi-Fi.  This is a flagship phone and in the network settings (which yes I reset) the phone is suppouse to AUTOMATICALLY  switch between 5g, lte, 3g, 2g.   So is does appear to be an issue with Samsung NOT wanting to address this issue. This issue is world wide from what I can tell and is common upon all carriers.  We returned the phones and went back to our old s8 with zero issues...  Samsung FAILED big time with this and are only making it worse by blaming others and not fixing the issue. 

0 Likes