JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 06:12 PM)
JJAY32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues on there new phone, mine will all of sudden not allow me to make calls out and data connection issues. I have to restart my phone to be able to use the mobile network and make and receive calls. I not sure if its a Verizon thing or a Samsung issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
126 Replies
goyod6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
where do u live?
0 Likes
Johanrodriguez
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I have tmobile and my speed is more than 600 mgbs per second, it depends on the area.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Yea, I have AT&T cell service and the 5g is almost two times faster than my home internet : )
(home internet is AT&T land based copper two pair)
0 Likes
userFUnE6s6bZq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Brand new s21 ultra unlocked, using the Verizon network,  completely losses network connectivity!!! Fix this problem samsung...been a long time customer!!!
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
You should ask your verizon phone shop representative to change the phone chip before you proclaim that the phone is bad
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
1. it's not the phone.. it's your area for Verizon network..
2. call Verizon customer service and make sure they see your new phone on your account... if you swapped your Sim card correctly.. it should of done it automatically.. but check to make sure...
3. if you upgraded from an older phone ..let's say the 9 or lower.. you might need a new Sim card...
4. make sure you change your Verizon data package to 5g plan even if u don't have 5g in your area yet.
5. depending on the area you live in...Verizon might have to send a refresh signal to the towers... yes they can do this...in tech support..as well as.. your phone can reset its connections to the towers in your area just by rebooting it.. unless Verizon has upgraded all their towers in the last few years..
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
try network reset
userTkiMIEAxYj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same problem. I am with Spectrum which utilizes the Verizon network. I have spent 2 weeks trying to fix and its not working
userIz0EsmN2Oc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem, on Verizon, S21 Ultra. Chronic issue with losing cellular network connection, particularly when text messaging. Never had the issue with S10+  that I traded for the upgrade.Have tried all potential solutions to no avail. The SIM is new with the phone. Wi-Fi calling is turned off. Just want a phone that works with minimal hassle. 

0 Likes
userkIRce8WjqT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue unlocked s21 ultra loosing signal/network on verizon while 2 other s21 ultra next to me fine(Different networks)

0 Likes