JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 06:12 PM)
JJAY32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues on there new phone, mine will all of sudden not allow me to make calls out and data connection issues. I have to restart my phone to be able to use the mobile network and make and receive calls. I not sure if its a Verizon thing or a Samsung issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
126 Replies
user5Vt184cBzm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I've found that the quickest way to fix it is putting the phone in airplane mode on and then off, that will reset the mobile network connection 

0 Likes
user8p5m9Df9pD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Until it switches back to 5g 😞

0 Likes
userNhOHigWCa9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. I've got ATT locked SM-G988U and I was able to get a warranty replacement yesterday through AT&T. I still have the same issues. I have no more fight left in me. I should have spent $1300 on cigarettes, at least that would have been better for my wellbeing. 

userr29KFIsTkq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having similar problems and I'm not on the same network as OP mentioned; so you're suggesting it's all carriers??  I notice that it happens whenever I am connected to 5G.  It seems to fix the problem when I disconnect from 5G.

userU1ctnzkiX5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

T-Mobile has been trying for 2 days to get my new Ultra Note 20 to work.  I couldn't make a small emergency call not even 24 hours after buying the phone.  I suddenly lose any ability to recieve or place calls/texts. They have changed me to 4G only I feel I've paid for a phone that doesn't work.  I have bought Samsung for years and very disappointed.  They have offered me a new Note 20 but also telling me the problem is with Samsung???  Frustrated.

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @userU1ctnzkiX5 

Make sure you have the newest SIM card. TMobile had just released this information about their old SIM cards not supporting the 5G network and not all employees know about it yet. I had posted showing what the new SIM cards are supposed to look like and the code # that should be on them so you know if your current SIM is compatible or not. When I had gotten my S20 Ultra in March, I couldn't get any steady 5G signal, kept cutting in and out and was basically unusable and I had to switch my mobile network to LTE, which worked great but I thought I should've been able to access 5G with a 5G phone. I asked if I needed to get a new SIM and TMobile reps constantly told me it wasn't my SIM, I had the newest one, blah blah....

Then Bam, they announced on Thursday that they found an issue with their old SIM cards with their 5G network and you have to make sure your SIM card is this certain one with R instead of TM. I went to my local TMobile store and asked for the new SIM, they said the SIM I had was fine, I showed them the pic that I posted where it explains which was the correct card for their 5G network. Guy had to go in the back to find that one and he swapped my SIM card for me. And honestly, I've noticed that now my phone switches from 5G to LTE with no problems, whereas before it wasn't switching at all and was leaving me with no mobile data signal. So I suggest checking if your SIM is the new compatible one, and if not, get a new SIM card. Here's link to my post about what you're SIM should look like:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/T-Mobile-5G-Phone-Update/m-p/1430060/highlight/true#M4...

Hope this helps!

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
Members_ZqYid6b
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have had nothing but problems with connection andall they offer is a warranty phone. inwhich im to pay $5 per phone andi am now on phone 4 same problems happening with 2 devices. I am given no other option.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

could be your SIM card, have you contacted your carrier?

Stelly11b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have these issues as well, sometimes the data works lost times not. I have to close all apps constantly and go back and try to do what I was doing quickly before it goes nuts again. I have tried all minor troubleshooting as well as replacing the phone entirely 3 sim cards factory reset literally EVERYTHING. For the price of the phone im extremely disappointed and upset. Anyone thinking about buying the Samsung s20 ultra DONT DO IT. 

Members_ZqYid6b
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

definitely wish I knew before upgrading. should have kept my s9.

0 Likes