JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S20 ultra 5G connection issues

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 06:12 PM)
JJAY32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues on there new phone, mine will all of sudden not allow me to make calls out and data connection issues. I have to restart my phone to be able to use the mobile network and make and receive calls. I not sure if its a Verizon thing or a Samsung issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
126 Replies
userfyGcFlZyrx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm from kuwaut I'm having the same problem, the phone keeps changing the network from 5G to 4G then it goes to no service and then it shows its on 5G but no connection at all tried to restart the device many times,it doesn't help. Tried factory reset, the same problem existed.the only solution I found is to download ( force 4G )app and then I choose "LTE ONLY".now I'm not facing any problems with the connection to Internet but "no 5G". I wish Samsung team release n update ASAP to solve the 5G issue.

0 Likes
useri1iunWU7uF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue. When not on wifi, the connection will drop out multiple times per day & requires a restart to temporarily fix. Removed the 5G default setting from the auto-network option (since it's not available in my city anyway), but still the same deal. Checked sim card & all settings. No joy.

The clarity of in-call sound is also awful, constant hissing & if either person is on loud speaker, the result is a muffled mess. I don't understand why more people aren't complaining about this. I'm with Vodafone in NZ & previously had no issues with my S9+ or S10+.

Add this to the awful auto-focusing issue that makes the camera barely usable (particularly close up stills of flatter, low contrast subjects) along with Samsungs lack of admission that there is a known issue or any updates on when/if a fix can be put in place before our right of return period expires (no idea if it's hardware or software), and this has been a very frustrating experience, particularly for such an expensive handset.

ikartik
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

i have same connection isdue , any troubleshooting pointers? 

Note that i don't see 5G incon 9n att connection,  iPhone shows it.

userg2aW5VXu57
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have same symptoms on my phone.worst calling experience ever and i had almost every S series not a single one had these problems.also lots of time my number is unavailable so ppl cant even reach me.all i can say is shame on u Samsung...how in this world is it possible that a compay as sutch delivers a device not even handle a basic job properly , like CALLING for instance.i would also like to say something about camera aswell but its a waste of time...im so mad a it right now that it makes me wonder about buying any device from Samsung again.

user9qqFZYr5ow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I was having issues with my phone not automatically picking up my mobile network when I would leave my Wi-Fi connection, I finally tried automatically turning on Wi-Fi when in a location that I am usually connected to Wi-Fi, and turning it off when I leave that location, and that seems to have worked out that issue.

0 Likes
user6cxEYnMCnW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Try doing a hard reset turn phne off hold up and power button until recovery screen do factory data reset  should work it did on mine

0 Likes
userdhzGrxM2nI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am with AT&T I am not able to use my data no matter what ! I restarted 3 times no use I was at Whole Foods trying to search for something online no internet bummer and I restarted no internet again it only works with WiFi , sadly I paid the full price of the phone 🙄😟

user60Cdq8J37n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also having the same problem. My 5g internet does not work. My carrier is T-mobile. I turned off the 5g in network mode and chose LTE/3g/2g and it works fine. Please samsung, fix this issue. 

userdLmzDJv9KC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here with T-mobile. Need to set it to 4g even with full bars on 5g network. Very frustrating. Seems as if it cannot intelligently switch between 5g and 4g when it needs to. Staying 4g until I see an update that fixes this.

0 Likes
useryRI8QnIXFB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

11.15.2020 still having the same issue Samsung 5g does not work at all. No mobile data when connected to 5g, having to manually change it to the 4g network also with t-mobile. So frustrating.