JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung messages not receiving texts

(Topic created: 06-04-2020 05:42 PM)
userpJ4piflFAB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been having issues sending and receiving messages on the samsung messaging app. This only happens when I'm texting with anyone that is also using samsung chat features. The only work around I have found is switching to Google messages. I have gone through numerous steps with tmobile tech support i even went into a store to get a new sim card but still it is not working

19 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you receiving any error messages? What symptoms are you experiencing when sending or receiving messages on the Samsung messaging app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dave6267
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
same here. Did it ever get fixed?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try these steps to get your text messaging working. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/ If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to your service provider for additional troubleshooting assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Julian-West
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you read the part where he said Google Messages works? The problem is the Samsung app, not our providers. There are several posts reporting the same issue. @SamsungRei
0 Likes
sshoredoc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I've had no issues sending, but I am not receiving from people using Google messages.
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

what carrier do you have?

0 Likes
sshoredoc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Verizon. I was using google messages chat feature but then switched back to samsungs app. The person I'm not receiving from uses Google messages.
ccRegret
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey, Samsung, I have the same issue, can not receive text from people who use google message, which is the half of my friends. how to fix this?
0 Likes
users5ALNLDPSL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Confirmed this here, too.  Can't send from Google messages to Samsung Messages.  Tested with my S20 to my wife's S20 with various setups.  It appears to be a Samsung problem, since Google Messages works with other clients.