JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung messages not receiving texts

(Topic created: 06-04-2020 06:33 AM)
userpJ4piflFAB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been having issues sending and receiving messages on the samsung messaging app. This only happens when I'm texting with anyone that is also using samsung chat features. The only work around I have found is switching to Google messages. I have gone through numerous steps with tmobile tech support i even went into a store to get a new sim card but still it is not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
userF9Bgs1ZaNb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't have an answer but this is happening with us, too. Daughter got a Samsung Galaxy watch for Christmas. Watch doesn't easily support Google Messages so she switched to Samsung messages. She can send and receive to people using Google Messages as long as the Google Chat feature is not activated on that message thread. She can send and receive on group chats that don't have that feature active. On SMS that have that feature active, the Google user can receive but the response does not go thru to the Samsung user (my daughter).  

0 Likes
chriswmc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I was not able to get it working with any other client than google messages. I tried Signal, Samsung messages, and the Tmobile digits app over WiFi. I'm not getting or receiving texts from the people on google messages, whereas others using other variations of message apps works. 

0 Likes
RoarLionsRoar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
same problem. my wife and I both had Google messages. we got the Watch Active 2 for her and switched her over to Samsung messages so that she can respond to texts on her watch. Now she can't receive my texts unless I switch over to SMS.
Members_eqBl14r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I think I have the exact same problem. I didn't realize it was happening only with texts coming from Google Messages. The strange thing is that I swear it was working properly past a week ago. I was receiving texts from Google Messages users with no issues.

Edit: I give up... I believe the best thing to do is to switch to Google Messages myself. Yes, the integration with the Galaxy Watch isn't ideal (no message 'threads', annoying popup asking to change the default app, etc.) but the benefits are: 1) Google Messages IMO is a better texting app than Samsung Messages, overall. 2) You can use the Android Messages for Web, for texting on a Windows (& mac?) computer, and it's very reliable and fast.

0 Likes
usert89VdufrkF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Don"t know if you're still having that problem but I was also struggling with that for some time. I went into my Google Messages app and turned off the chat features. It seems that's what was causing the problem. The Samsung  Messages app seems to be working now.

chriswmc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I also turned it off on the phone I want getting texts from and I have texting back! Yay! Hopefully this is just a temporary bug on Google messages feature

JRizzle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you for this! This actually works. This was driving me crazy. You actually have to turn it off even before uninstalling app. Important step!
userqaPJyjeufu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Would like to know if this was fixed. I got a Galaxy S20 around Thanksgiving and it would receive messages from iphones but not androids (might be just google messages that are the problem). This is from day 1 of having the phone. Switched to google messages and I get all texts. Got an active 2 for Christmas and wanted to try using samsung messages again and still same issue. Am using the 5G sim, have cleared cache, etc. No luck.

0 Likes
JRizzle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Was there ever a fix. having the same issue.
0 Likes
JRizzle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Honestly this makes me wish I got an iphone. Samsung needs to fix this
0 Likes