Original topic:

Samsung s20 Warranty issue

(Topic created on: 11/20/20 7:24 PM)
userOrY3ic4f52
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok so tell me if this is right..I fall asleep with my 6 month old samsung a20 working perfectly.I didn't plug it up to the charger so the battery died. I woke up figured this out,and charged my phone...then found out it wasnt charging so i changed the charger 3 times and even tried a wireless charger..still no luck. Tried to soft reboot and the phone told me some Boot files were missing then wouldnt soft reboot again... Well i took it to verizon and they said it couldnt be fixed and i didnt have insurance..understandable,BUT it was still under warranty through samsung..thankfully. I file for a repair online. looked at the warranty guidlines..No cracks on the phone,no water damage,NO DAMAGE what so ever, so i send it in. I just got off a chat with the service because i got sent an e-mail saying my warranty was void because the phone wasnt updated...(it was)..the agent in the chat checked and told me the Screen was damaged (it wasnt). The warranty says it covers manufacture issue, id say a missing boot file is a glitch which should be covered..I'm gonna call the repair line and see what they can do but im not paying $111 for something that is not my fault..If they dont cover it ill be switching phone and never go back to samsung again.This is .

0 Likes
3 Replies
Romanelli
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I would pay and just get it over with.
0 Likes
madness497
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
wait wait wait wait you were told because it wasn't updated its out of warranty? if so, you have been misled because the warranty is based off of the IMEI of the device and not the software
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Don't PAY, I would fight this up the ladder. If you can't get satisfaction from the service department, contact Samsung directly. Snail mail to the US VP might help. I had a lot of issues with a Lenovo laptop ~5 years ago. Repairs didn't stick, replace tos broke and they finally stopped dealing with me. A letter to the US VP changed that, including a personal call from him. If you know you are in the right and from your post it appears so, don't accept defeat. Good luck to you.
0 Likes