cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung s20 plus heating issue and fast battery draingae

I bought a samsung s20plus 4 days back. The phone is brilliant in all aspects, but the battery life is just not good and also the phone heats up with usage just for simple tasks as web browsing and Facebook usage. It heats up really fast. 

Battery I was expecting that a device with 4500 may battery would give me some decent output and even though samsung claims that it has all day battery i have never been able to use it more than 12 hours before having to charge it, with just light-sensitive no gaming no video playback.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung s20 plus heating issue and fast battery draingae

This may not be a complete solution, but it might help a bit. If you go to the home page of the Samsung Members app, click the "+" button, and select phone health, you can run tests on different aspects of the phone. It might help to pinpoint any errors
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for sharing @cawells24!  .  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Supernova

@user6YHZV8dh5k Hi friend, hope you are well!

Sorry to hear about this issue with the battery and heat up.

Some routine troubleshooting may help here:

• Update your device fully.
  • Reboot the phone.
  • Boot into Safe Mode and try this action again. If it works you may need to remove any recently installed apps. Then reboot to try again.
  • Try turning on the battery optimization from device care.
  • Try the interactive checks in the Samsung Members app.
  • Try wiping the device cache and then this action again.
  • Try resetting the device and then this action once again.

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Supernova

@user6YHZV8dh5k 

Did this end up helping?

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation!