JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 02:47 PM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

117 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I haven't had any issues with Wifi on my S20 Ultra.

1. Have you tried resetting your Wifi router? 
  2. Have you tried resetting the network settings on your S20 Ultra? You can do this at General management -> Reset -> Reset network settings. 
userDBZVp72PzQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung needs to recognise this is a widespread issue and fix it! 

Members_sagEt1H
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I had the same problem with my brand new Galaxy S20 Plus. The solution after trying everything else, including reseting my entire phone to factory defaults 3 times, was to replace my 5 year old wireless router. I just went to Walmart and bought a new NetGear AC1600 for $85. Problem solved. No more WiFi drops by the S20 Plus. You can only mix old tech and new tech for so long I guess. 🙂  It has been over a week and I have had no further issues with the WiFi on the S20 Plus.

0 Likes
userCLXWFL3R1H
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, I recently bought a Samsung S20 and I am facing constant Wifi dropping both on my mobile wifi as well as home wifi.  It's really very inconvenient and irritating to have to restart the phone all over again just to reboot and get the wifi back online.

I am really disappointed because I don't expect such issue in Samsung's latest model. I really Samsung would get a fix for it asap pls.

userexmGaI9Thh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem with my a20 ultra:(

Options
Galaxy S20

@userexmGaI9Thh 

Hi,

Can you help me with the following questions ?

1. What exactly happens (issue reproduction route)

2.Home Internet service provider, Modem - Make and Model Number.

3.What carrier do you use for the phone.

4.WHat is the software build number (Settings > About phone > software information > Build Number)

5.Does the issue occur on Safe mode ?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

No problem with mine.

usergLjj2nJpfQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue... just got done responding to some other posts.

I tried resetting modem and router, resetting network connections, and even completed the system upgrade this morning. The problem still persists.

I'm considering returning the phone too... it's unusable for some things like video calls, which makes the thing much worse than my old S7 Edge.

user1dgZ1EPYQE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ny S20 used to drop my wifi at home alot. But since the guy at the Samsung store done a complete wipe of my phone it now doesn't connect to my wifi at all despite working fine on the working store. My partners S10+, my old SGS5 and Huawei p10 all connect just fine. My modem is only 8 months old so it's definitely not that.

Not happy. Trying to get a refund or replacement from the place of purchase...