JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 07:21 PM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

117 Replies
Glitchling
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
i have WiFi issues also. I have a regular s20 5g (sm-g981u1). my router is a smart rg sr 16ac. Crazy thing is that it knocks my laptop wifi off too. When I turn phone wifi off laptop internet comes right back. They both have independent connections to router and do not share wifi in any way. I read that it may be a mac address issue that you need to assign for the phone in the router but my ISP has my router administrator page locked down. waiting to contact them.
userHFiq0YLlHp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been dealing with this problem for months now since I got the s20+, 

and have done all the requested attempts of rebooting phone, wifi, etc and nothing worked.  I think I just figured out the problem as my phone had been working and not dropping the internet anymore. I found it by accident.  Pull down the the screen to access the settings and select power mode. Uncheck limit CPU to 70% and accept. I'm sure it'll decrease the life of my charge, but so much better than constantly getting booted off my wifi, not to mention at work where I rely on being on wifi.  FINALLY!! I hope this works for others and that's why I had to share!!

0 Likes
1coodude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same phone, same issue here. 5GHz WiFi constantly disconnects/reconnects. Makes the phone unusable.
1coodude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
same here
0 Likes
Samsung_nGHysdY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Don't know if this is what you mean.. But my note 20 ultra was doing that.. This video helped

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D6dbYu6gyy_Y&v...

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
AkivaM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This does not help me
AkivaM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Does samsung have a fix for this issue yet?
userZSjFdMcxTd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Here is the fix guys. 

Go to wifi settings.

Tap on top right corner 3 dots

Tap advanced

Uncheck switch to mobile data

Thats it...

I use my phone in my basement office with wifi and my router is upstairs but since I got s20 it frequently drops wifi all together even though its not that far from upstairs router. Due.to the option enabled as soon my phone gets weak signals from router it.drops the connection even though home router these days can adjust client if they go far.and put on better frequency. 

No further drops and signals stable 

Let me know if this helps

0 Likes
Members_sagEt1H
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This did NOT fix it on my S20+........ but my problem was specifically that the WiFi on the S20 Plus, though connected with a strong connection to the WiFi router, would not communicate more than 15 minutes to an hour or so. Then it would just stop while still being connected. My solution:

....was to replace my 5 year old wireless router. I just went to Walmart and bought a new NetGear AC1600 for $85. Problem solved. No more WiFi drops by the S20 Plus. You can only mix old tech and new tech for so long I guess. 🙂  It has been over a week and I have had no further issues with the WiFi on the S20 Plus.

0 Likes