JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 12-24-2020 06:58 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

117 Replies
usertwxPe7swu1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

At my home, with a modern router, I haven't had an issue with wifi.

However, at my parent's house the wifi is constantly "borked"! After about 3 minutes of wifi usage, the wifi icon in the notification bar suddenly shows an "!" and there is no data.

With your recommended fix it does seem to function.

I've had this phone for over 6 months - I am blown away that Samsung hasn't fixed this issue in that time.

Shame on them WFH slackers !

userTlLx1fkxjP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you so much!  The first solution worked.  I have no cell towers near me so I use wifi for everything.

userq3j5T0OFVE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This seems Iike it has fixed mine, wifi connection has been stable for about an hour now, was getting really annoying 

userVVV7pe8lmh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Problem solved! This was making me miserable and was making me regret switching to an s20, (i know, first-world problem haha) but Thank you! Smiley Very Happy 

IC3B3RG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for this. I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. Disabling Google Location Accuracy fixed the problem. 

userRI3qijgQjD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Awesome! The 'Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy' change fixed this for me instantly. That had been bugging me for a month!

Kudos. Thanks. 

userrO0KlBM4zT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks so much! This issue was getting really frustrating! We have just gotten a Google Wifi mesh system to improve the wifi signal throughout our house, as we're working from home and were having trouble with the wifi and constantly having to reconnect to different repeaters and SSID's, and I was really disappointed that after all that expense I was still having wifi issues on my phone! Hopefully, Samsung addresses this issue soon.

0 Likes
usermbVxkUcDsE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you SO much... This works! I was just about ready to stamp on my phone and buy an iPhone when I saw your post.... Samsung really needs to fix this if they want to keep some brand loyalty

0 Likes
MelB17
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
SAME PROBLEM. It hates the mesh network. I'm not disabling google location accuracy so I can trade one poor performance problem for another.
userIAeN4JJKfB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I tried what you said and it seems to be working. I upfraded from my old phone due to this issue. But, you said 10 and higher so that explains it. This needs to get fixed Samsung. I have gone through 3. routers thinking it was them.