JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 01-20-2021 08:21 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

117 Replies
userwKb4zoGbI6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5 G and I was having this problem. As many of you have mentioned this is not a wifi issue it's related to the phone.

I have different wifi's in my house and the problem has been reproduced in all the wifis.

Why the issue happens, at least in my case: the issue happens when you have a dual band working as one, steering option activate. I think that the phone is not able to well manage it.

I have bypassed this issue activating only the 5G wifi network and deactivating the 2,4 one. Doing by this way, the phone connects in 5G mode and it's working fine.

I think it's a samsung problem and I don't understand how a very expensive phone can not properly manage it.

Hope this helps!!!

0 Likes
EderT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi I bought a Samsung s20 plus and I'm facing constant wifi dropping both onmy mobile wifi as well as home wifi. It's really very inconvenient and irritating to have to restart the phone all over again just to reboot and get the wifi back online.
I'm really disappointed on you samsung i try everything and nothing works
0 Likes
userMDoJDwA6Zs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

New update solved the Google wifi and internet problem? Looks like my Phones wifi/internet not dropping anymore (Norway) 

Big_Bear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Agree.

Updated with new firmware having code ending with CUA4 (the one with Security patch level Jan 1, 2021).  No more WIFI problem for the past few hours.

0 Likes
cjhallx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
nothing has worked for me. awaiting S21 this week and trading this in
0 Likes
userf2GKFTcv6R
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've submitted a ticket to samsung and none of these work arounds have helped my issue. It's on 2 s20 plus phones on home wifi with AT&T uverse router. router has been replaced as well didn't help. Everything was fine before the December update on Verizon. I have received 2 updates since then and none of them have fixed the issue. This is ridiculous. Should have stuck with iPhone. Samsung obviously doesn't care if customers can actually use their expensive phones.
0 Likes
userP77BARJecb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I've tried everything I saw in the 115 replies before me. No success. The only thing left is a software update. I'm at CUAA, not CUA4 yet.  

0 Likes
Mwads3772
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I thought it was only me but now I see it's a Samsung issue.
I have been on both 2.5 and 5ghz. It still drops.

This issue doesn't seem like a WiFi or carrier issue but a Samsung phone issue.

This is my first Samsung and so far, I'm not thrilled!
0 Likes