JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 10:51 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
117 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

include your modem/router model.

0 Likes
Ak1988
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same problem. home wifi keeps on loosing. it so frustrating that all the other devices are working fine except for Samsung. please look into and resolve it. I have tried all the options on internet
0 Likes
NickPTY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
My S20 Plus keeps dropping wifi connection when I open any apps. It gives me a message of apps is using data because it can not connect to wifi. I have reset the connection settings on the phone, I have reset the router, I have forgotten the router and re entered it, I have hard restart the phone and nothing, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and sometimes stays disconnected. Im currently in Germany, I have Tmobile from the US. The only thing that changed was the update on 3 Dec 2020.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

what is your software version? settings -> about -> software -> baseband version

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes
NickPTY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
This is the info

Screenshot_20201207-224720_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
user0YItH5mbOO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same issue but how is that a router issue if other devices are working fine in my home. I have one year old s20 and started seeing this problem recently only.
0 Likes
userrxqVcrQ6C4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I ended up getting a DHCP reservation on my wifi router and also disabling random MAC address on the phone. No problem since

0 Likes
userIG1SeCIxxu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I turned off that new wifi security feature seems to have solved my problem. I'm still on a secure network for beginners ok 😄

0 Likes
userexcGrkjAE7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem on Samsung S20+, if they don't solve the problem i'll give it back too

Secured wifi settings are resetting the phone didn't solve the problem

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Try turning off Google Location Accuracy in settings under Location. This fixed my WiFi problem.