JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 10:51 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
117 Replies
KCB407
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having this problem also.  VERY FRUSTRATING!  Wifi connected, wifi disconnected... Constantly!

Options
Galaxy S20

@KCB407 

Hi,

Can you help me with the following questions ?

1. What exactly happens (issue reproduction route)

2.Home Internet service provider, Modem - Make and Model Number.

3.What carrier do you use for the phone.

4.WHat is the software build number (Settings > About phone > software information > Build Number)

5.Does the issue occur on Safe mode ?

0 Likes
Samsung_6dHgVDC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The same here

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_6dHgVDC  Hi, Can you help me with the following questions ? 1. What exactly happens (issue reproduction route) 2.Home Internet service provider, Modem - Make and Model Number. 3.What carrier do you use for the phone. 4.WHat is the software build number (Settings > About phone > software information > Build Number) 5.Does the issue occur on Safe mode ?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

@user68dGQIWk58 

Hi,

Can you help me with the following questions ?

1. What exactly happens (issue reproduction route)

2.Home Internet service provider, Modem - Make and Model Number.

3.What carrier do you use for the phone.

4.WHat is the software build number (Settings > About phone > software information > Build Number)

5.Does the issue occur on Safe mode ?

0 Likes
Theprez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same

gooley83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same problem on my s20 plus.

Samsung_DYKtiZp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My wife and I both have S20's. They both drop our Xfinity wifi on our home router showing a good signal to the router but no internet. At the same time our ipads stay connected and have no problems. I can connect to a nearby xfinity hotspot and the connection never drops. Glad I found this group because I didn't know if my problem was with Comcast, Tmobile or Samsung. Phones are just S20, not Ultra.

usergej1YhMs6a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just bought my Samsung S20+ SM-G985F/DS model, and i'm experiencing a wifi issue recently, at first the wifi is connected just fine, then when the phone is sleep, the wifi is turned off, and when i trying to turn it on again, the wifi is cannot be turned on, so i need to restart the phone first to make this work, but still every time the phone is sleeping, the wifi is cannot be turned on.

Please help, is this hardware or only software problem ? btw i'm not installing any apps that have a privillege to turn off wifi.

userU6IOD4u6bM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 ultra is doing the exact same thing.  It's 1 week old.  with my HTC works perfectly connected at the same time to the same router.  Even when it's connected the old HTC is faster dl and ul.  The s20 will drop the connection,  will not automatically switch to mobile data. Every time the phone sleeps it looses the connection and will not recover until I cycle airplane mode or restart the phone. All the while it indicates it has a good connection. Very frustrating.

0 Likes