JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 10:51 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
117 Replies
McLuvin71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I had no issues until I installed one of the last updates. Now I constantly lose connection and since I use calls over wifi, my calls drop too. Definitely a Samsung issue and not a wifi provider or router issue. This has to be fixed ASAP Samsung!
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try this:

Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy turn off

i submitted a ticket through samsung members app, and they gave me the workaround. also, they told me they will update the software some time between mid jan and early Feb.

McLuvin71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the info. We'll see how it goes.
usermF1ulKJa9L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I just bought this phone yesterday- traded in my galaxy s9+. I thought I was having an internet issue but now I can see I wasn't. Already regretting the purchase. My S9+ worked fine, just wanted 5g. Which isn't so impressive either.

userS9BHF8D2Le
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
yes turning off wifi scanning and google location accuracy solved issue as well. I have 200 mbps Internet and the phone was getting only 86mbps and every couple minutes would disconnect from wifi.
0 Likes
iWufei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I spoke with Samsung Support and they could verify that there is a problem with the S20 models where they are loosing constantly the wifi connection. But this is not due to the phone hardware nor samsungs software, but an error in Google OS Android 10 latest update last year which Google is aware of which causes the Android OS network to keep searching for Google Mesh. There is a new update on its way with a Stable Android 11 release ETA: March 2021 that should fix this issue. You can read more about it here https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/android-11-update-tracker-1155652/amp/ . The temporary solution from Samsung was to go to Settings > Lication and turn off Google Location Accuracy. Furthermore, go to the  App Permission in the top and set Facebook to Denied. These two function are making the interference.

Alison65
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
oh I'm am dealing with this right now! so furious! The amount of money these phones costs this is ridiculous!
and agree, can not get in touch with anyone at Samsung
0 Likes
userkkB011w0tn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

None of the sugetions here worked for me.

My WiFi was randomly disconnecting and reconnectiing right after updating to One UI 3.0. No other devices connected to my wifi network were having this problem. My service was through AT&T using the 5268AC "Gateway". Today I received the new T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway. After setup with this new Gateway.... I no longer have WiFi problems with my S20. Possibly it was a problem with the newer wifi firmware on the S20 having a problem staying connected to the older AT&T gateway. 

0 Likes
userg9HhWNp7Wj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The same here, super frustrated, s20+
Have a Google WiFi router, all other devices including my wife's s20 works well, however my phone losing internet every couple minutes
apparently something with dns happens, phone just losing it
I found small workaround, apart from switching off l Google ocation services, which breaks location tags on photos and prevent Google home "home/away" working well:
if while scrolling internet you noticed that phone lost internet, just open notification panel and click on wifi name, it instantly fix the problem until next time

super frustrated, I know that buying new router would probably fix the problem since a lot of users on Reddit have the issue with Google WiFi router, but it certainly phone issue
0 Likes
useri1JaLUr7tB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
This is an issue that has not been resolved. My wifi connection, in any places I visit continously disconnects on my phone. No other devices experience these issues.
The problem exists at work, friends, or at home. I thought it was something other than the phone, but Samsung is including crappy drivers or crappy hardware in these devices. The expectation is much higher when other companies develop phones with better hardware only at half the price.
0 Likes