JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung s20 ultra dropping WiFi connection constantly

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 10:51 AM)
user68dGQIWk58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Had new Samsung galaxy s20 ultra less than a week now and it constantly drops WiFi connection at home. Cannot reconnect without rebooting phone.

Samsung knows of this issue but no fix. Cannot get to speak to anyone for support due to Covid-19.

Now want to return the phone but again cannot contact anyone to sort return.

What do I do?? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
117 Replies
AkivaM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Does not help on my phone, so frustrated
0 Likes
Brad_Riggs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I to am having the same issue. I have reset everything that you can, I have even restored the phone to factory. my phone is in mint condition and my son's galaxy A50 is running faster than my s20 ultra but only when it comes to being online. I have spectrum Internet 200 GB with an Arris router. This phone is to new and paid way too much to be having this problem. please help
userwfmfKL2GE8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

EXACTLY THIS!!

I tried 5 Contractor Stores, 2 Mobilephone "Fixstation" und like 10 Calls to Samsung Germany Hotline and several posts on different forums.

NOBOY coul fix the issue "WiFi turning off on its own and you cant turn it back on, unless you reboot your phone!!"

I got this problem since february when i got this phone. No update, reboot, fresh setup (with or without backup) or "you name it" could fix this ....it is NOT my router, since i have this problem EVERYWHERE and its NOT only switching back to mobile data, its just a WiFi disabling!

I would appreciate if someonehere can help me.

TYVM

userMOtIn7zRPR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same problem. It happens without my knowledge and then I end up using all of my cellular data. Probably going to end up leaving Samsung unfortunately
0 Likes
userV4xz4kU5yz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same problem with my brand new note 20 ultra 5g....
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try submit a ticket through Samsung Members app which can be downloaded from Galaxy Store. This app will automatically collect the log about wifi settings and agents will be able to tell you what the issues are about.

0 Likes
Members_BVyKxb5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same. I have s20 ultra with spectrum home wifi. My wifi drops on my phone all the time daily and its only on my s20. I have a tablet and my wife has an iPhone that never drops connection.... so disappointed in Samsung for still not fixing this issue. Its been a few months and they've never even addressed it. Called in multiple times and completely reset s20 but nothing worked... pretty sure its just bad network card or something in the firmware..... won't be getting Samsung next time thats for sure

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try submit a ticket through Samsung Members app which can be downloaded from Galaxy Store. This app will automatically collect the log about your wifi settings and agents will be able to tell you what the issues are about.

include your wifi modem, and provider so they can look into it more detail.

0 Likes
Glitchling
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I ended up coincidentally buying a new router and new service from internet service provider. somehow that fixed the problem. but it shouldn't have had to come to that.
0 Likes
usera2R3R2kVxV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
i have been having same issue. it is annoying.
0 Likes