Original topic:

Samsung update messed up my phone

(Topic created: 08-06-2021 02:22 PM)
spence209
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I installed the new Samsung update. Ever since then when I call someone I have to talk talk them on speaker phone. I know the ear speaker works because when i call someone on messenger I can hear it ringing through my ear speaker and then it goes silent. I have to use it in speaker as well. It's something to do with the update. 
19 Replies
idanis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same problem after the new update.
0 Likes
spence209
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Dude this **bleep** is driving me crazy. They want me to drive a **bleep** hour to take it somewhere to get fixed too.
0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Having the same problem on a a20s. Support told me to take it to the seller, but is a 2 years old phone.
0 Likes
spence209
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Dude they suck. I just got off the phone with them. They said I need to take it to a service center. I call that service center that's an hour away. He tells me that it's basically **bleep**. I'd have to pretty much just wait til the next update and hope it fixes my problem. Samsung officially **bleep**.
Flesh_And_Bones
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My Galaxy A20S and my Wife's A20S are doing the same thing after I updated them both.

So I know for a fact it isn't the phones, it is an update issue.

I can only use them on Speakerphone or headphones.

0 Likes
userIjCkvTFyyg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine and my husband's phones too! I think they are trying to force us to buy newer phones like apple does their users 😠
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am sorry you are experiencing no call audio when not on speaker. Try this guide:

1. From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > Sounds and vibration.
  3. Tap Volume.
  4. Adjust any of the following:
    Note Drag the slider left or right to adjust the level. If unavailable, ensure the Do not disturb switch and the Mute all sounds switch is turned off.
    • Ringtone
    • Media
    • Notifications
      Note If unavailable, ensure that the ringtone setting is on.
    • System
      Note If unavailable, ensure that the ringtone setting is on.

Note The volume can also be adjusted by pressing the Volume buttons (right edge) up (+) or down (-).

If that doesn't fix it, make sure you don't have Bluetooth on or connected to any wireless devices or wired audio devices, such as sound bars or a headset.  Also, check your speaker and microphone holes for any debris and clear that debris safely. 

the next thing to try is wiping the device's cache partition. the steps to do so are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can narrow down if it is due to a third-party application via Safe Mode. The Safe mode guide is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Youana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I update my samsung s70 yesterday night and after that i can't use my facebook, messenger, what's up, instragram
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with Facebook and its various services. Unfortunately, this is downtime on Facebook's side, and not a result of the new update. I apologize for the inconvenience, and recommend you contact Facebook for further details. 

0 Likes