cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Screen Shattering for No Reason

Background is that I purchased two of the devices two months ago, one for myself and one for my wife. While my wife has dropped hers a couple times, my phone had never been dropped nor had it been outside of its case.
I was in a store this past week when I took my phone out to look at an email with order information. I placed the phone back in my pocket while I walked to the service desk before I took it out again. Somehow, the phone screen had shattered simply be being in my pocket. Not dropped. Nothing pressed against it. Just sitting in my front pocket with nothing else while walking.
I've been trying to get support from Samsung to reimburse the repair cost, where I was instructed to bring it to a certified repair facility. I drove an hour from my house to the certified Samsung repair location where they spent 3 hours to replace the screen. I was charged $319.34 for this. I've been trying to reach out to Samsung to get this cost reimbursed, as defective product should be covered under warranty. However, the Facebook Samsung Support page has been anything but helpful and claims that because it was physical damage, it is not covered. 
To add insult to injury, I can't even leave a product review on the item as every time I log into the samsung account to view my devices and I select the "write a review" option, it kicks my out to a page to purchase a new phone.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Screen Shattering for No Reason

Call your State's Consumer Protection Agency. Also, find the phone number or email address of Samsung Corporate's Customer Relations Department and explain your situation.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Screen Shattering for No Reason

yeah you can do that