Original topic:

Screen brightness issues especially in Google maps satellite image

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 10:45 PM)
userlsaCd9VQed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The subject says it all. Weird bug with Google maps and the screen. It makes in hard to see any detail in the satellite imagery when you're outside in the sunlight. If you flick back to standard maps and then lock the phone and unlock again presto your screen brightness returns to 100%. Bizarre.

Also I noticed on a warm day around 32deg I struggled to see the screen in the sunlight. It's as if the phone had dimmed the brightness as the CPU was perhaps overheating? If you do a reboot you would get 100% brightness back again until it realised the temp.

Is anyone else having issues with the screen brightness outside? I never had these issues with my previous phone from a competing manufacturer. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have adaptive brightness turned on in the settings of your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlsaCd9VQed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes I do. But I tried toggling that off and made no difference. I also used phone outside again recently when it was bright and sunny and it wasnt hot. The screen didnt achieve maximum brightness and was hard to see. 

0 Likes