Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen issue - S20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Samsung,

I just received my S20 ultra in the mail today. There appears to be an issue with the screen. I see a blinking white dot near the screen that blinks continuously when I make a call. Sometimes, it doesn't appear on the screen and sometimes it does. Definitely, an issue with the phone screen. I can send pictures and video on request. Please advise what to do

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Screen issue - S20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @ArcticEaglez

This is indeed the proximity sensor under the screen working while on a call. Nothing to worry about! 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't understand the dot flashing. It looks like a deffect for sure. If it was made slightly bigger it would look like 5 dead pixels

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the s20+ and I have the same thing. A flashing dot near the camera. It only appears when making phone calls.

I think it's a sensor. As I move my finger on top of it, the screen blacks out.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had an online chat discussion with Samsung today on this for my S20; basically it is supposed to be by design that the proximity sensor is visibly flashing while functioning. Apparently, this was also visible in the S10 (though I did not see it the entire year I had an S10). I asked about three times and each time they responded that it is not a malfuntion and that it is "normal". Take that information as you will.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my s10+ had it just above the power %

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  Pretty dumb design from Samsung I would say.  I almost returned my phone S20 regular, not ultra).

Also the location of the dot is also absurd. That's one reason many people thought this is a screen issue. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @ArcticEaglez

This is indeed the proximity sensor under the screen working while on a call. Nothing to worry about! 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my s20+ it appears on the always on display too, and sometimes when i watch youtube too

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was about to return my phone. I thought this was an issue as well. But a pretty bad design to be honest. It looks like a defect if someone didn't know about it. I'm wondering how many people return their phone because of it. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It also appears when you play a WhatsApp voice note through the main speaker. Definitely concerning.