JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen issue after update yesterday

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 01:05 PM)
user6nDI65h2V3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I updated the software on my S 20 FE yesterday. Now, my screen flickers and goes black in Bright Light, unless I turn adaptive brightness off. The same issue happened a few months ago as well. Can I revert to the old software version, or am I stuck manually adjusting brightness on a $800 phone?

5 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung is working on a fix for this in the next coming update. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
The upgrade did it guaranteed contact Samsung. When is the next upgrade coming up? In 3 months? I'm being sarcastic. Did you get a ballpark date of the upgrade?
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

what's the software version that you updated to? about phone > software info > last 4 letters of build number

thought this was fixed with the software update. could you check and see if there are any new updates available? 

you can always submit an error report on members app > + button > error report

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand how frustrating this is. We have received your private message and will follow up with you there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
user6nDI65h2V3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
No. The new, new update seems to have fixed the issue....again

View solution in context

0 Likes