JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen on S20 Ultra Shatters Very Easily

(Topic created on: 12/27/20 3:58 AM)
userrAHUgIqraG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have had Samsung phones for years, and I recently sprung for the top of the line S20 Ultra. Today, while on my phone, I tapped it lightly with my signet ring, and it caused a massive crack right in the centre of the screen, and caused outward cracks spread all over the display.

This was very surprising, given that for the 3 years I owned my S9, I dropped it constantly, and the worst damage it got was a tiny scratch on the screen caused by my keys. 

I'm not sure what's caused the S20 to be so delicate, but it isn't acceptable for a phone of this price to shatter this easily.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused, the Samsung warranty does not cover any physical/liquid damages. You are welcome to call 1-800-SAMSUNG for out of warranty repair options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused, the Samsung warranty does not cover any physical/liquid damages. You are welcome to call 1-800-SAMSUNG for out of warranty repair options. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

usermA4Qxw1fXg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Our S20 phone has a crack in the screen also.  Yes, expensive phone, made cheaply. Of all the phones we have owned, have never had any cracked screen issues.  They say it is not under warranty because it is considered physical damage.  I have always loved Samsung products but they must stand by their mistakes and admit that there are flaws if they want customers. Samsung is saying that we have been careless with our phones. There are reviews out there that the screen was made poorly and cracks easily. This is very alarming for a company that doesn't care about the consumer but just thinks about the sales. 

0 Likes