Original topic:

Screen problem

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 11:53 PM)
Carlyannn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have had my galaxy s20 fe for about 5 months now and absolutely love it never had issues. But as of today the screen has been acting up i cant drag down to see notifications, etc. I cant touch anything in the upper right or left hand corner. Even just me typing or trying to do something it doesnt work. Anybody know how to resolve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Try these 2 tips;  one might fix your problem...

#1   While your phone is on, Press and hold  the power key and the down volume key at the same time;  hold them both in until you see the Samsung S20 FE Screen;  might take 60 seconds or so...  once you see Samsung S20 Screen, release the buttons; your phone will finish restarting.  See if that fixes things for you.

#2 If not, you can try to wipe your cache partition.    Easy to do...    This will delete temporary unneeded internet files (there is nothing important you are deleting here)

Turn off phone completely:  then press and hold Up-Volume Key and power key at the same time until you once again see Samsung Name and S20 FE on Screen, and then release both keys when you see that.  -  You might see a "system updating messsage" on screen for 30 - 60 seconds.

You will see a Recovery Menu:  With lower side volume key, toggle cursor down to "Wipe Cache Partition": press side power button to select that option;   Then scroll down to bottom line with lower volume key to line that that says "Yes" (you want to do this) - Press Side Power Key to select that option:  "yes"...

You'll  notice down at bottom of screen  it says "cache partition deleted" and the cursor will automatically move up towards the top on the line that says "Reboot System Now".   Press the side power key to select that and your phone will reboot.

See if this fixes your problem...  Let us know.  Otherwise, we'll try something else.   Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you.  -  Thanks!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Try these 2 tips;  one might fix your problem...

#1   While your phone is on, Press and hold  the power key and the down volume key at the same time;  hold them both in until you see the Samsung S20 FE Screen;  might take 60 seconds or so...  once you see Samsung S20 Screen, release the buttons; your phone will finish restarting.  See if that fixes things for you.

#2 If not, you can try to wipe your cache partition.    Easy to do...    This will delete temporary unneeded internet files (there is nothing important you are deleting here)

Turn off phone completely:  then press and hold Up-Volume Key and power key at the same time until you once again see Samsung Name and S20 FE on Screen, and then release both keys when you see that.  -  You might see a "system updating messsage" on screen for 30 - 60 seconds.

You will see a Recovery Menu:  With lower side volume key, toggle cursor down to "Wipe Cache Partition": press side power button to select that option;   Then scroll down to bottom line with lower volume key to line that that says "Yes" (you want to do this) - Press Side Power Key to select that option:  "yes"...

You'll  notice down at bottom of screen  it says "cache partition deleted" and the cursor will automatically move up towards the top on the line that says "Reboot System Now".   Press the side power key to select that and your phone will reboot.

See if this fixes your problem...  Let us know.  Otherwise, we'll try something else.   Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you.  -  Thanks!

Carlyannn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Tried both still no luck 😞
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

k... this next step should fix it... but are your contacts and data backed up?  You'll want to do that because your phone will be wiped clean as when you first got it brand new...

Hopefully you have backed up your data;  if you haven't and aren't sure how to do that, let me know...

Factory Data Reset:   Go to Settings; then to general management;  next to reset;  Factory Data Reset;   >>>> choose that option and then confirm your selection.  Your phone will eventually restart to the condition it was in when your first got it; 

After the reset, you'll need to reset all your settings and preferences;  this is a bit of a hassle, but your only option to get your phone working again.   Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you.  - Thanks!

0 Likes
Carlyannn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
it's working okay.. still acts faulty may have to get another one
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmmm... did you do the factory reset? What kinds of problems does it still have?
Carlyannn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I did its working now thank you so much !
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
You're welcome. I'm glad your problems got fixed! 👍