Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Me too. 

Highlighted

Stupid question...

You are outside with a clear view of the sky right?

Beyond trying to do a master reset at that point, it might be something bad in the phone and needs a replacement.

Cosmic Ray

@userQQHQoe49tl wrote:

Stupid question...

You are outside with a clear view of the sky right?

Beyond trying to do a master reset at that point, it might be something bad in the phone and needs a replacement.

I'm trying to use it while driving on android auto.  Tested it without android auto as well and got the same message. Never had an issue on my note9 or any of the other galaxy phones.

Highlighted

If a master reset doesn't fix it then, it might be a defective unit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

That was a requirement 100 years ago. Nowadays, all GPS systems (besides the S20 ones) function perfectly fine inside.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here withy  S20. The only thing that helps temporarily is to reboot. This is happening way too often. Never happened with my S10

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Paul Deemer wrote:

You mean a simple seach on Google Maps? I just tried to search for my work location and directions on 5G and didn't have any issues where it was searching for GPS. I know you said you turned Location on. But did your enable Location in Permissions for Maps and Waze?

no not a search. When you are driving it shows where you are in the map. Instead of that it just stays in one location and has a message that says searching for GPS. Location is enabled. 

Highlighted
Constellation

My husband and I have tried both fixes and still nothing.  Odd that it would be both of our phones, guessing this is some type of bug.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It looks like it works intermittently.  Not sure what the issue is.

Highlighted
Constellation

The same thing is happening with my S20. I never had a single issue with Waze or Google Maps on my S10, but neither are working consistently in my S20, in the same locations. I just have to start driving and eventually it catches up some times. This is very frustrating.