cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

I just went to Verizon and had my sim card swapped out.  Since I had to reboot the phone the GPS worked right away.   I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Highlighted
Constellation

It's been 3 days since I had verizon swap out my SIM card.  The GPS is defintely locking in quicker, maybe within 30 seconds.  My S9+ was instant.  It's like the GPS is sleeping in the backround until it's called upon.

It would be nice if Samsung chimed in on this as it seems more and more people are having issues.

My phone is S20+ on Verizon

Cosmic Ray

@sjfphoto wrote:

It's been 3 days since I had verizon swap out my SIM card.  The GPS is defintely locking in quicker, maybe within 30 seconds.  My S9+ was instant.  It's like the GPS is sleeping in the backround until it's called upon.

It would be nice if Samsung chimed in on this as it seems more and more people are having issues.

My phone is S20+ on Verizon

Yeah i don't get Samsung man.  They chime in on somebodys post because they had yellow spots on a picture and other posts that barely have any activity and mine that has a lot of replies and views gets nada. 

Anyways...I ordered the tmobile version through samsung and they sent me a new sim card.  I may try activating that this weekend and see if it gets better. I've just been using the one i already had activated from my Note9.

I did try the network reset someone suggested as the solution above.  First time using gps after it didn't ever lock on and did the floating around the map thing.  2nd time it locked on within a minute or two.  If you decide to try that network reset be aware that it will wipe out all network settings.  So any saved wifi connections, blue tooth connections, etc... will have to be set back up.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have been having the same issues, and even dead spot for network Coverage that was not ever there with my S10+. Not to mention data connection loss, also issues calling out, receiving calls. Seems to temporarily fix it when I restart the phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I inserted the sim I had in my Note10+ and same issue!

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. Found restarting phone cures issue for limited time( sometimes a couple of hours and sometimes not at all), then it stops working again. Also found downloading "GPS test" from play store and initializing that app and waiting for gps lock before opening waze or google maps causes gps to work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue with S20+  

Waze continues to say "proceed to the highlighted route"  

Google maps location is just off 

This issue happens when "navigating"

When I want to locate myself on a map while stationary I usually works ok 

Highlighted
Constellation

Both My wife and  I have the S20+ with the same issue. before I had the S20+,  I purchased the S20 ultra and that had the same issue as well

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having really bad gps issues too. I open maps and my GPS starts where I'm at, then it starts jumping around all over the place. Then it looks like I'm moving. Like someone has my phone and is driving around. I've never had this issue before with any of my Samsung phones. I've checked all permissions and accuracy all says high. But even if I open up waze it sometime will not know where I'm at.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also having the same issue.  It is impacting many routines that depend on Geo-Fencing.  This morning it took 6 minutes for it to finally lock onto my position.