cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Should have kept my Note 10+ it had Android 10 and never had GPS problems.  But the S20 Ultra I can't get Waze or Google Maps like everyone else to work.  I live 15mins from work so by time I'm home won't lock on.  Only once has it found me and follows on the map.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I found this article and went through the process to calibrate the magnetic sensor and the compass on google maps.  I'm at work ATM so I can't really test it.

https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/en/year-2020/calibrate-samsung-galaxy-s20-s20-or-s20-ultra-compas...

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. It takes about 10 minutes to get GPS locked. I already verified all the energy saving settings and permissions. It is either a batch of faulty phones or an issue with the software. Any answer from Samsung?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm thinking its a software issue since when it does finally lock onto a GPS signal, it seems to hold it properly.  Just wish there was a reliable workaround.  I did try everything listed above so far without any luck.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I went through the steps in the article.  My magnetic sensor did show that it needed to be calibrated and google maps showed my compass accuracy as low.  I got everything calibrated and showing high.  It did 0 to help the issue.  It still takes 10 minutes or more for the gps to lock on and follow you on the map.  Before it locks on it wanders the map like a lost dog.  I don't even know how it puts me in some of the neighborhoods it puts me in when I have never even driven into them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having the same exact issue. Only happens when I'm connected to 5G. Happening on my plus and ultra. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue and resolved it. Samsung support gave me the answer. Search on your phone (not google) "reset network settings" and follow the selections for reset network.... then reboot phone. Done. Resolved. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Did the fix stick?  The reason I ask is because the reboot usually fixes the issue for me.  After a reboot, the GPS will work for a while, and then at some point, it will stop working.

Cosmic Ray

@Samsung_ofcPQjk wrote:

Did the fix stick?  The reason I ask is because the reboot usually fixes the issue for me.  After a reboot, the GPS will work for a while, and then at some point, it will stop working.

I tried the the network reset and it didn't fix it for me.  Just now at lunch it was jumping a town away as I was driving.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung support walked me through this same "fix". I reset both network settings and phone settings. The GPS seemed to work immediatly after doing this but later that day it again would not connect to GPS.