cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: GPS Issues

@SamsungProf I changed the Network Mode to "LTE/CDMA" last night and restarted my phone after. Today, the GPS issues have gotten worse.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userWxlzPMJBfT 

I am sorry to hear that, that didn't help.  I would get in touch with your carrier to see if they can disable the 5G Network from your device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungProf wrote:

Good Evening @userWxlzPMJBfT 

I regret hearing that you are having GPS issues with your new device.  Unfornately this issue, is due to the new 5G Networks getting built out with our Carriers.  The device is losing GPS connectivity because when it tethers from 5G to the 4GLTE network it is causing your device to lose signal, and unfortunately the only quick fix is to restart the phone.  Depending on your service provider we may have a temporary resolution to get you back on the road!

Reset Network Settings:

Tap Settings > Tap Connections > Tap Mobile Networks > Tap Network Mode > You will then see different Networks.  Your current setting should be set for 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) we are going to change that Network  to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect).

This should hold you over for your GPS issue.  I am sure the carriers will be releasing some form of a update to resolve these issues.

Highlighted
Product Expert

@userWxlzPMJBfT 

Hi, your device gps may need to be calibrated if you can. go to the dialer press *#0*#. you will be prompted with a testing window. From there look for sensor. near the bottom you will see Magnetic sensor which has control of your GPS reading. It should be a blue line with the number 3 displayed like a little compass. If it is on number 1 red or number 2 green. you need to calibrate your device. You can hold the device and walk around until it turns blue with the number three. Once it is there you can keep pressing the back button until you are at your home screen and try the GPS again. If that doesn't work it is advised to call 1800 Samsung for troubleshooting. Best of luck

Highlighted
Asteroid

My GPS is working now.  Not sure what fixed it.  Or which patch, maybe it was the April-2020 update.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Location not locking

Phone won't lock location. Constantly saying I'm 2 miles away from actual location and constantly jumps around and won't stay on my actual location when it finally does find it. I've reset network settings, turned off and on the location services, calibrated phone, cleared phone cache and app cache. And factory reset my phone and it still won't lock onto my location.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Location not locking

Y

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What app are you using to get your location?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I use Waze and Google maps and Pokemon go. Those are the 3 that use my location. And they all don't work. I don't have an app that gets my location, I just use the location services on the phone like I do my entire life. I'm not trying to download a 3rd party application which will lock onto my gps and send it to those apps because that shouldn't be necessary and it drains the battery considerably.

Cosmic Ray

hi

the location service on samsung phone is managed by google maps.

you can try this option:

search for the google map,

SETTINGS>> apps>> Maps

clear cache, data and force stop

next try to toogle the location settings

SETTINGS>>LOCATIONS>> look for the maps

make sure permission is allowed for location and physical activity

next,

SETTINGS>> LOCATIONS>> LOCATION SERVICES

look for " Google location ACCURACY"  turn this ON

this will use bluetooth, wifi and mobile data to locate your loaction, now , if you want to only use the GPS embeded on the phone turn this off to use only GPS

But since you are using waze, google maps and pokemon go, which is the base apps the use for location is google map, you may ask to turn that google accuracy on, you may choose "NO" to use only GPS

then you need to shake in like drawing number 8 the phone to calibrate the location.