cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Location not locking

I've done all that and it won't work. It might fix it for maybe a couple minutes then it just goes back to jumping me around and not knowing my location. I've tried the calibrate thing but Everytime I do it, it just says I need to be away from magnetic objects and to try again. And I've done it outside away from anything and it still gives that message.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Is that a one time thing or do I need to keep using it?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Members! 

We're trying to obtain so more information from everyone so we can look into this further. Can everyone that is having trouble with this send me the following information in a private message? 

Carrier: 

Model:

IMEI: 

Software Vers:

More details needed, 

- Where did this occur?

- was it inside or ouside of the building? 

- Can you provide the specific location (Address) you were when trying to use? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Carrier: Verizon

Model: s20 ultra

IMEI: <Hidden>

Software version: r3cn2ohs3fl. 

Locations: literally everywhere. Home, outside, work, everywhere.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the reply however we're needing more specific information in regards to locations. Due to privacy concerns, we ask that you send all the information request via private message. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

How more specific do you need? It's all over Berkeley, El Cerrito, Albany, Richmond, El sobrante, San Pablo, and Oakland and those are all in northern California. And those are just the cities I go to. I'm pretty sure it won't anywhere. I just don't go anywhere else because I'd need my GPS which doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nobarsstone, Thank you for the information provided. would you mind in a private message sharing with us a few specific addresses entered and what the result was after entering those addresses? Please be as descriptive as possible and include photos if you can.  The reason we're trying to obtain more specifics,  is if our engineers can duplicate the scenario, we could potentially determine a cause and promptly provide an understanding of what is happening and/or provide a solution for everyone. I appreciate your input! 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Here is also a link to an article talking about all the people this is affecting and how it affects only and probably all the s20 phones that have the Qualcomm chip. h

//<Removed Outside Link>

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi Justin, I am in this boat as well with the GPS not locking correctly as reported in the threads below.  I've been working with Verizon on it and have been through multiple replacement devices and testing with a base/fresh/vanilla OS through several factory resets.  It appears to be related to the last security update that was released.  In my case it's the Galaxy S7 (info below) and with update G930VVRSBCTA1.  I suspect something with the updated bootloader but I'm not able to confirm.  I tried to go through Samsung support but they would not assist without paying a diagnostic fee as my device is out of warranty. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/GPS-Location-Services-Malfunction/td-p/1169111

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Location-not-locking/td-p/1154187

Carrier: Verizon

Model: SM-G930V

Software Vers: G930VVRSBCTA1 (build number R16NW.G930VVRSBCTA1).  Android Patch level December 1, 2019.

More details needed, 

- Where did this occur?  This appears to have started in late February shortly after this update was released to Verizon (called software update 32) on 2/13/2020 (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s7-update/)

- was it inside or ouside of the building? Both, the GPS will not remain locked and will constantly drift within a 1-2 mile radius.  

- Can you provide the specific location (Address) you were when trying to use?  Atlanta, GA area, but occurs anywhere that I try to use GPS based locations.

Other issues since the update, but I'm not sure if they are related:  Apps randomly minimize to background; occurs whether I'm actually interacting with the phone or not.