cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

When using Google Maps or Waze I am getting a searching for GPS message on the screen.  I have tried turning location off and back on and rebooting the phone.  Not sure what else I can do to fix this issue.

163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Nobody else having this issue?  

@useryGpi73ZNJ9 wrote:

When using Google Maps or Waze I am getting a searching for GPS message on the screen.  I have tried turning location off and back on and rebooting the phone.  Not sure what else I can do to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the same issue. They actually replaced the phone yesterday thinking it was a device problem because no one is having that issue and I am still having the same issue. Have you had any luck fixing it

Highlighted
Astronaut

I having the same.problem. goes in and out of Navigatiom

Highlighted
Constellation

My husband and I can't connect the GPS in both our Galaxy S20s.  We have tried Waze and Google maps.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I've done everything I was told and problem continues. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

You're clearly not alone. Just another screw up from Samsung. At least the batteries aren't exploding this time.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just confirming that this is still an issue with my S20+ in area code 83402. The GPS will indicate my location in Google Maps as multiple blocks from my actual location. The Maps app will continue to give driving directions based on where it thinks I am, so possibly the false location remains consistent relative to my actual location as I move. A reboot will solve the problem temporarily, but eventually it crops up again. An unacceptable problem in a flagship smartphone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I should note I haven't yet installed the Saturday update. It looks like it's meant to be a camera fix, but will report back if it also addresses the GPS issue.

Asteroid

After installing the system update, Google Maps is showing a location about half a mile NNE of my actual location, even standing by a window.