cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Searching for GPS Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

There is another thread here - "GPS not available after Android 10 update" - that agrees it is an Android 10 problem, except they say that it was fixed in a March 22 update.  Apparently not for you guys.

Highlighted
Asteroid

My GPS is working now.  Not sure what fixed it.  Or which patch, maybe it was the April-2020 update.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the reassuring update.  I wiIl be getting something once the stores reopen so I can see them.  

Asteroid

GPS Issues

Like so many others, I'm experiencing major GPS issues with my new S20+. I've been having this issue going on two weeks now, and it's getting progressively worse. My location doesn't stay in the same spot for more than 5 seconds at a time. Instead it bounces around within a 1-2 mile radius of where I am. I've reached out to Samsung and Verizon and tried every troubleshooting method out there and nothing has worked. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. There've been reports of this out there for weeks. I wish I had realized how serious of an issue this was going to turn out to be so I could've returned the phone during my two weeks after purchase. This is my 5th generation of Samsung phone, and you can bet after this I won't be getting another one.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: GPS Issues

Highlighted
Product Expert

Good Evening @userWxlzPMJBfT 

I regret hearing that you are having GPS issues with your new device.  Unfornately this issue, is due to the new 5G Networks getting built out with our Carriers.  The device is losing GPS connectivity because when it tethers from 5G to the 4GLTE network it is causing your device to lose signal, and unfortunately the only quick fix is to restart the phone.  Depending on your service provider we may have a temporary resolution to get you back on the road!

Reset Network Settings:

Tap Settings > Tap Connections > Tap Mobile Networks > Tap Network Mode > You will then see different Networks.  Your current setting should be set for 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) we are going to change that Network  to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect).

This should hold you over for your GPS issue.  I am sure the carriers will be releasing some form of a update to resolve these issues.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungProf restarting the phone has never offered a quick fix for this issue on my phone. My location immediately starts bouncing around even after a restart.

My options under "Network Mode" are 1. "Global"; 2. "LTE/CDMA"; or 3. "LTE/GSM/UMTS". It had been set on "Global." Which of these is supposed to offer a temporary resolution?

Highlighted
Product Expert

@userWxlzPMJBfT 

What carrier are you using?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungProf Verizon

Highlighted
Product Expert

@userWxlzPMJBfT 

Do option 2.  Upon comnpleting the Network change, restart your device to allow the changes to take effect.