Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Location not locking

@SamsungJustin wrote:

Hello, Members! 

We're trying to obtain so more information from everyone so we can look into this further. Can everyone that is having trouble with this send me the following information in a private message? 

Carrier: 

Model:

IMEI: 

Software Vers:

More details needed, 

- Where did this occur?

- was it inside or ouside of the building? 

- Can you provide the specific location (Address) you were when trying to use? 

Hi SamsungJustin,

Any update on this GPS issue?  Has Samsung find the root cause of this issue?  

Highlighted
Asteroid

GPS location jumps all over the place

I can't get a good lock on my GPS location, I'm outside and it jumps all over the place. Usually within about a mile of my location. It will jump back to my location but won't stay there for too long

Highlighted
Constellation

Latest update does not fix GPS issue

Just got and installed the G988USQU1ATCH update for the S20 Ultra on the Verizon network. Unfortunately, the GPS issues remain after the update. My main issue has been the GPS---like others have reported, my location jumps around. It is erratic and fundamentally unreliable. 

Bye bye phone. It was nice getting to know you and we tried to make it work. Going back to the S10+.

Highlighted

Re: Latest update does not fix GPS issue

3 for 3 phones have this issue - 2 T-mobile s20+ and 1 unlocked s20+. Have the replacement unlocked s20+ in this morning for testing. If the issue persists, I'll return them all and get out of this mess.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I also received an update last night, and tested Waze and Google Maps. Unfortunately this update didn't fix the issue.  If you haven't already, please call Samsung support and let them know that you're experiencing this issue. The more people complain the faster they'll take this seriously and work on a fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks, that makes sense. Was too optimisitic.

Highlighted
Astronaut

GPS not connecting on s20+

Does anyone have a workaround to fix the GPS connection problems?  I installed the latest update, but it's not fixing the connection problems.  Yes, I only use it while in my car.  I drive the same route to & from work and have only had Galaxy S series phones for the past 10 years and have NEVER had this issue until I bought this phone (S20+ Unlocked)

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: GPS not connecting on s20+

I have this issue as well on the Ultra. Also in night mode their is an obvious grid I can see

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

That update was just for the camera I think. I'm hoping they are working on a fix for it seeing as so many people have this issue. There is that gps fix app somewhere in this thread that has fixed it a little bit. But you have to keep doing it I would say at least a day or it will slowly resort back to not working. There is a Samsung rep guy that is asking for specifics if you want to send him some of the addresses you are noticing the issue. But i am hoping they are already aware of this and working on a fix. Cuz this is garbage. I'm hating this phone all because of this stupid issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the exact same issues on 4 of our S10. All after the February update. Please tell me there is a resolution. I cant go and PokemonGo with my kids. This is very frustrating.